• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

.image extracting

CoLdFuSi0n    21

ok i have a question i have a copy of OSX whi is in a .image file on my computer whic i am using XP and i was just wondering how do i extract it so i am able to burn it, i have tryed everything but i just get it extracted.

If someone could help that would be great

Lezend    1

why not just use CloneCD and burn it. (dot)image is a CloneCD CD extracted image.

iconman    0

Did you try WinISO?

IsoBuster?

and Nero can burn that image file

dotbatman    0

i went to your site and I got a request to download and install Gator...are they somehow related?

iconman    0

No I am no way releated with Gator Inc.

CoLdFuSi0n    21

ok i have 1 more question i was wondering is there anyway to emulate OSX on XP??

iconman    0
Originally posted by XPBeta

ok i have 1 more question i was wondering is there anyway to emulate OSX on XP??

Im not sure about that OSX features are not well shown on XP. I Used Messenger OSX on XP and it doesnt even have a aqua interface it grey and crappy so my advice is to buy a mac

CoLdFuSi0n    21

thats what i was thinking of doing but i wanted to just test drive their OSs just to see what there like and then make the big money spending desicion

CoLdFuSi0n    21

ok i have 1 more question does OSX need boot disks or have boot disk?

nicedreams    5

Mac's SUCK!!!

Lezend    1

OSX has boot CD.

It run from CD that why you see the CD image with X on it. No floppy like winie

Lezend    1

MaC More Annoying Crap

dotbatman    0
Originally posted by iconman

No I am no way releated with Gator Inc.

I didn't think such a slick site would hook up with crap like Gator...

Thanks for the icon packs, monsieur!

SonicYouthXY    0

what do you mean emulate?

if you mean the aqua interface, you can grab WindowBlinds, StyleXP, LiteStep and several other themeing tools, and find an Aqua-esque theme to apply.

IMO, most of those Aqua-esque themes blow.

if you mean running OS/X on an iX86, it won't work because it looks for a Mac BIOS and a PPC CPU. there are boards and ROM emulators you can buy, but so far, i don't think any support OS/X

at the heart of OS/X are some great features you'll never find on XP--not GUI features, but filesystem features, kernel, multimedia features, etc. Microsoft is always playing catch-up.

do macs suck? not the ones running OS/X. not only can you run mac appz, you got all the Macromedia, Adobe lines. microsoft even offers it's Office suite. best of all, any applications that run on Unix, can run on OS/X.

OS/X is one of the best things to happen to a Unix derivitive, since linux, and if it is ever ported to iX86, microsoft will def. have something to contend with...

sonic.

dotbatman    0
Originally posted by SonicYouthXY

if it is ever ported to iX86, microsoft will def. have something to contend with...

sonic.

i've never used a Mac, but I have to agree with that one point. If I could go and get OSX to run on my x86 I would not hesitate to give it a go. Of course that's no surprise, I guess, I think a LOT of people would be tempted to at least try it.

However, I have a feeling that a lot of the advantages of MacOSX might be dependant on a certain hardware process or structure that x86 "lacks"? Or no?