My Experience with Firefox

Has been all but bad :D

It comes with all kinds of default features that you wont find in Internet Explorer such as tabbed browsing, popup blocker (which can be customized to auto allow sites you love to show popups.). You wont find themes and extensions for I.E. and you wont find a customizable built in search bar. (google's search is wubbly but ive added dictionary.com's search; ebay.com's search; mysql.com's documentation search; and php.net's documentation search.)

It loads pages much faster than I.E. and the browser itself loads faster than I.E.

It also shows web pages that are coded more towards W3C's standards while I.E. doesnt like some of the code.

Ive only used firefox for a short time and im glad it's my default browser now :D

Firefox ain't bad. I like Mozilla 1.7.x better though, and actually prefer My IE 2 to both of those. But there is no denying - tabbed browsing owns! (Y)

ive made the same switch..and very happy with FF..very very happy. i just switched ma parents IE to FF...so far so good..my dad likes the tabed browsing....so fingers crossed!

i dont know why everyone is so exited about tabed browsing....i dont like it myself

We will pray for you... :D

It is amazing. First, your browser window does not have to be cascaded and take up more room. Second, you can set it up so middle clicking on links opens up a new tab to the right of the existing one, for example. So, when I browse Neowin, I do a VIEW NEW POSTS. All the posts are in the first tab. Then I middle click on threads that I want to participate in, post a message, then close that tab and the first tab is still there with all the new posts listed. No more "Back Back Back" button to get back to the master list. It works great with other stuff too.

But seriously, to each his/her own. If it ain't your thing, it ain't your thing, and that is still cool. :)

The Latest FireFox (0.9.2 i think ? ) Has been working great for me....after enabling the dom.window_status tweak, its running like a bunny rabbit on steroid, with coffee flowing thru its veins. :huh:

Kinda apparent, but ill never go back to IE :) :rofl:

i dont know why everyone is so exited about tabed browsing....i dont like it myself

Well, you can turn it off if you like, firefox is lovely like that. :)

I love Firefox and have been using it since 0.5, but damn they gotta do something about the memory leak that is present for a number of users. Oh btw...first post. :p

I like tabbed browsing for when I read a thread or a page and it contains links I just click on it with my middle mouse button and it opens in a new tab so when I'm ready with reading the thread I can go see the other pages.

You also don't have to go to the taskbar every time you want to see a new page that was loading when you were busy with the first window.

Firefox is the best :)

Its ok.

Mozilla Ok

Prefer Opera.

All good

But some people on Neowin just a bit too enthusiastic about a browser. Damn some need girlfriends. :whistle:

<snip>

But some people on Neowin just a bit too enthusiastic about a browser. Damn some need girlfriends. :whistle:

haha it's true, some of use neef girlfriends (im working on it)