Your Mac Hardware Setup

I've tried the 11-inch MacBook Air the other day and really felt that the screen was claustrophobically small. The design is amazing though.

I've tried the 11-inch MacBook Air the other day and really felt that the screen was claustrophobically small. The design is amazing though.

I thought I might run into the same thing when I got my 11" MacBook Air a few days ago, but full-screen mode and Mission Control really make the 11" work beautifully.

Love that wallpaper, where did you get it?

http://mantia.me/wallpaper/power-up/

I thought I might run into the same thing when I got my 11" MacBook Air a few days ago, but full-screen mode and Mission Control really make the 11" work beautifully.

Yeah, the fullscreen apps are perfect for the 11". I'm usually working from the Air attached to an external display so the size isn't much of an issue.

Even so, you're still stuck to one window at the time and it doesn't do that much to improve overall content being displayed.

Even so, you're still stuck to one window at the time and it doesn't do that much to improve overall content being displayed.

One window at a time on a screen that size makes complete sense, and it's still properly multitasking. It literally takes me half a second to swap over my Safari space and test what I've been developing in Sublime Text.

• Like 1

Sold my iMac and got a 15" Macbook Pro :p time to change my signature lol

I personally love 15" Macbook Pro's. The 13 inch mbp feels so small and low-res after the huge iMac's screen :p

Sold my iMac and got a 15" Macbook Pro :p time to change my signature lol

Nice! I'm more of a "two extremes" kind of guy (27" iMac and 11" MBA), but I might switch back to one 15" MBP some day.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm finally part of the Mac world.. I've bought PC's all my life and never believed until now!

I can't believe how fun this thing is to use!!

Bought a:

13.3" MacBook Pro

OSX 10.7.1

Intel Core i5 2.3Ghz

8GB DDR3 1333Mhz

320GB HDD

Installed VMWare Fusion 3.1.3 and am also running Windows 7.

This computer rocks :D

Nice! I'm more of a "two extremes" kind of guy (27" iMac and 11" MBA), but I might switch back to one 15" MBP some day.

I think it's pretty understandable: At home I want a blazing fast machine with a big screen on which I can do pretty much anything and on-the-go I want something ultra-portable for simple tasks. So in my case a combination of a 27-inch iMac and an iPad 2 is perfect. (Y) Personally I find the MacBook Pro (any model) way too bulky to carry around all the time. Not to mention I don't really feel like managing two systems since I'm lazy. :laugh:

I currently have a 2011 15in MBP, bit as soon as the 13in MBP gets 1440x900 display I will be moving to it. I prefer the faster CPU, more storage and more Memory over the 13in Air.

My setup has changed to an almost all mac setup without me realising lol. Started with the iPhone 3G, then the iPhone 4, added to that was the Apple TV and iPad 2 and I got my new 2011 27" iMac last week. I'll upload a picture of my setup sometime tonight if I remember! Decorated my bedroom a few weeks back so it looks fresh, jsut waiting on new carpet and furniture :)

I've recently made the which from PC to Mac and got myself a... 13.3" MacBook Pro, Intel Core i5 2.3Ghz, 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz, 320GB HDD.

I love this machine - it's absolutely stunning! It's also extremely fast and Lion boots up in no time.

I'd take a photo, but it's just a standard MBP.

recently upgraded from a 2GHZ iMac 2007 to a iMac 21.5" i5 2.5GHZ QC, upped the memory from the base 4GB to 16GB, really loving the quad core, improved GPU and large memory space, Aperture is loving it.