Something for someone to program

Question

Hi All,

I have a 128Mb portable MP3 player. I would love a program that could copy 128MB worth of random mp3s to my device.

I can't find one anywhere and I don't have the knowledge to program one.

Any ideas? Anyone able to do this?

There is a definite market for this idea.....it's just waiting for someone to tackle it.

Cheers :) :)

7 answers to this question

Er you could get the Windows Media Player 10 Beta, its has a sync feature that allows you to upload your current playlist to an MP3 device. it also has a play list randomizer which would choose 2 hrs of random content, or whatever amount you specify

WMP is the devil

as far as a program that would access your mp3 player, does the mp3 player create a virtual-type drive that you can drag & drop files to, or do you have to use some kind of software to interface with it? if you need specific software then it wont be possible (such as Sony's NetMD SonicStage software, you can't access the MD player any other way). but if it creates a virual drive that you can drag&drop onto it (which also means it can be accessed via normal means) then its a simple program to create.

what about if it just parized your whole harddrive or multi-drives for all audio media and created a list of then... next it would randomly chose files from the list you created when you parized your drive, and re-encode them as an MP3-player specific compatible codec (MP3, WMA, OGG etc) to a selected bitrate until you reached a maximum folder size? (in this case would be 128MB) Then you could select that folder in the MP3-specific software and upload the files quickly (in case your MP3 don't grab power from the USB port). Worth an idea. my 2GHz AMD can re-encode an MP3 file in like 15 sec.

I know how it could be done, but I don't know how to do it :( might be some inspiration for someone though.