NEW IPOD IS OUT!

The old ones are small and sleek to begin with anyways, why blow the bank for a small change, i just bought a 20 gig, and i love it, before that i was still using a big Clunky 128mb Intel Pocket Concert. The ipod has always been sleek and easy, just huck ito n the dock when im not usin it, let it sync and charge, then slip it into the clip, put it in my pocket and go. I paid so much money just for this conveinence i dont understand why anyone would pay even more for 4 more hours battery life and having there pocket a tad lighter. My freakin keys way down my pocket more than my ipod.

Yeah, the syncing with iTunes and the the simplicity of just throwing it in the dock sold me.

i wouldnt imagine that most cases would fit since the new ipod doesnt have the 4 buttons on it that the 3g has. but if the case is one that completely covers the ipod it should since they are the same size except for 1mm in thickness

Edited by mmm

When I read the news, I thought people meant the official news about the new iPod will be out on Monday. I thought wrong. I'm really shocked that they are actually out at the moment, even more shocked that they are infact out in the UK, US and AUS meaning I can buy one now.

I only had my third generation iPod for three to four weeks, I feel gypped. I am seriously thinking of eBaying my current iPod for a few hundred as it is still fairly new but don't really know if bidders will bid an iPod say $100 less than the shelf price but as well throwing in the USB cable (that you had to buy seperately) and a rubber case for it. Why I want the new iPod (and I'm sure others would want it too) is that the lifespan is obviously higher and also has some new features. I really think eight hours isn't that good. It will also be good for my travel in a few weeks time. Eight hour bus trip to Canberra won't last for the iPod. :(

Apple's official accesseries are listed seperatly for the new click wheel verson. Even the dock(which is wierd since the altec lancing speakers say they work fine with the new ones). I planned on ordering all my accessories off ebay(dock specifically) but now I may hold off on them and maybe try out my 4g at compusa when it comes in. See if it fits in their dock.

When I read the news, I thought people meant the official news about the new iPod will be out on Monday. I thought wrong. I'm really shocked that they are actually out at the moment, even more shocked that they are infact out in the UK, US and AUS meaning I can buy one now.

I only had my third generation iPod for three to four weeks, I feel gypped. I am seriously thinking of eBaying my current iPod for a few hundred as it is still fairly new but don't really know if bidders will bid an iPod say $100 less than the shelf price but as well throwing in the USB cable (that you had to buy seperately) and a rubber case for it. Why I want the new iPod (and I'm sure others would want it too) is that the lifespan is obviously higher and also has some new features. I really think eight hours isn't that good. It will also be good for my travel in a few weeks time. Eight hour bus trip to Canberra won't last for the iPod. :(

do it, i sold my 15 gigger for AUD$480 when a brand new one was selling for AUD$449. but of course i did throw in the dock and remote.

I'll give it a go, what did you make the bidder pay in postage and handling? That's the part I'm not too comfortable with. Also, were their many bidders? I'm just being a bit nosey.

I'll give it a go, what did you make the bidder pay in postage and handling? That's the part I'm not too comfortable with. Also, were their many bidders? I'm just being a bit nosey.

just 5 bucks. there was about 6-7 bidders IIRC.

something bout wma...

What the hell... who wants to play wma, if u have a issue bout it, convert it to mp3 :D

Does the scroll wheel like the old one were u move ur finger and it moves down/up etc..? but it has the buttons on the wheel now...

Am i correct :blink:

edit: were can i get it from in the uk, it is the apple store us, and does the us store ship to uk?

Edited by dave164

I currently use a Creative MP3 player.. thinking of making the change to iPod...

I was just wondering, if I use Windows XP and I don't have a FireWire port or the iPod dock.

What are the options I can take to charge the iPod? Only by the AC adapter(plug in mains) and USB 2.0?

Will I need to purchase any extra accessories? (other than the basic 20 gig iPod and the accessories that come with it )

Edited by evo0o

yeah im wanting to get a 40gb ipod myself. im dissapointed it doesnt come with remote as thats something i would really want to have. maybe in america you get it?? we dont here in australia when i checked the site last (yesturday)

i want to confirm that you can use the portable HD side of things for regular files with just pluggin into the computer with usb and it will be recognised, just like the pen drives around that get recognised without need for drivers to be installed. because i will use this in work next year and uni the remainder of this year. this is a big reason why i want a hd mp3 player so if the ipod can do this then im sold.

I currently use a Creative MP3 player.. thinking of making the change to iPod...

I was just wondering, if I use Windows XP and I don't have a FireWire port or the iPod dock.

What are the options I can take to charge the iPod? Only by the AC adapter(plug in mains) and USB 2.0?

Will I need to purchase any extra accessories? (other than the basic 20 gig iPod and the accessories that come with it )

If you buy the basic 20gb iPod, you will not need any extra accessories. You can charge, transfer your mp3s/files to the iPod no worries. It will do everything basically. You do have usb 2.0 right? (I don't have firewire either, but i do have usb 2.0 so all good)