my only 'beef' with Mozilla Firefox

is there a way to fix this... whenever i load a webpage i have to wait till the entire webpage is done loading before i can click a link and have it open. For example, if im on a site where there are many thumbnails or sigs (neowin) and one of them is in a server in in antartica it takes a while for the pic to load, before that pic loads i already found a link that i wanna go to but FF does not open the link till everything on the page has loaded...

blah its annoying

moodi, its not just with forums, but it happens here the most

ultima: i do that now, but i much prefer the IE way of just clicking a link and having it open even if that page isnt done loading, i dont wanna ctrl+click at the same time

BananaMan, ill try flushing the cache

that is the problem I had since Mozilla 1.4 all the way through to now Firefox 0.9.2, ticks me off. firefox makes it worse by opening a tab on ctrl+click instead of new window.

and it has nothing to do with cache (even clean install of Win+Moz/FF has it), they did something to mozilla base code.

@Nathan: middle clcik is for double click it won't open tabs/windows

I happens because opening the link counts as a popup window until the page has finished loading. Try it with popup-blocking disabled to see what I mean (Y)

is there about:config we can tweak to make it ignore our clicking? and just block whatever the page does on its own?

anyone know?

nothing really worked. i think ultima is right in that Mozilla thinks that its a popup, but i dont wanna disable it