Switch to Firefox

Don't quite see the point in the site, but Firefox is definitely the way to go imo.

This is just one reason why I choose Firefox over every other browser:

IGN Site in another browser

IGN Site in Firefox

Obviously it's like that for every other page too, I just chose IGN as an example (pics were taken ages ago)

I love ad-free browsing. (but I will open the site up in IE and click a few links to support sites I frequently visit)

Don't quite see the point in the site, but Firefox is definitely the way to go imo.

This is just one reason why I choose Firefox over every other browser:

IGN Site in another browser

IGN Site in Firefox

Obviously it's like that for every other page too, I just chose IGN as an example (pics were taken ages ago)

I love ad-free browsing. (but I will open the site up in IE and click a few links to support sites I frequently visit)

Supertrick lets you do the same thing with IE.

The Endless Possibilities means within the browser......you gotta be stupid to take it as in real life!

Stupid or illiterate, take your pick... ;)

weird :o. When I first checked the page http://www.switch2firefox.com/whyswitch with FF it looked indeed kinda screwed, then I watched some other pages (while leaving the tab with the site open) and when I returned to the page it looked allright :blink:.

I'm not sure if it's a Firefox's bug or the bug in page coding itself, but if you refresh that page it will render correctly.

I'm not sure if it's a Firefox's bug or the bug in page coding itself, but if you refresh that page it will render correctly.

Yeah, was just about to say that.

Yeah, was just about to say that.

I never saw the problem in FF - then again I'm using the latest nightly build.

Perhaps it was a problem with mozilla 1.7?

I didn't refresh the page.

ie is still much better

IE is less secure with his ActiveX, it's slower than Firefox, it hasn't got tabbed browsing (don't mention the update for IE included in SP2 ;)), it doesn't follow the W3 standards, it's too much hooked into Windows, Firefox is smaller than IE, you can install extensions into Firefox,...

Well, that's my opinion why it's better :).

[sings] The Fox is good the Fox is great we surender our will as of this day [/sings]

IE is less secure with his ActiveX, it's slower than Firefox, it hasn't got tabbed browsing (don't mention the update for IE included in SP2 ;)), it doesn't follow the W3 standards, it's too much hooked into Windows, Firefox is smaller than IE, you can install extensions into Firefox,...

Well, that's my opinion why it's better :).

While I agree that Firefox is better in some ways, IE gets a lot of **** it doesn't deserve. You can block ActiveX and many other things to make IE just as secure as FF. IE usually loads pages faster for me with the default settings than Firefox does after running Mozilla Optimizer, though it could be different for different people and for various reasons. Most people, including myself, could care less about standards. If people don't care enough to code their pages following standards then I don't care enough to go by them either. You can install add-ons for IE such as the Google Toolbar that are prettymuch the same as extensions for Firefox, though with less management options.

While I am a die-hard user of many of Firefox's features, such as folders on the bookmarks toolbar, pop-up blocking and tabbed browsing, I know many people are fine using IE with the Google Toolbar and possible start menu grouping.

I use Firefox religously, but I'm afraid that firefox will fall victim to it's own creation... unless they change.

They are advertising Firefox as a single browser that can be extended through the use of extensions; however, the firefox team does not dedicate a team to be extension coders; therefore, most extensions are done by open-source newbies and aren't exceptional tools.

I hate downloading these extensions and finding out that the last update was six months ago or even a year. Better yet, I hate downloading them and finding that they are just '****-poor' quality and suck.

Because of this, I only use three extensions: Adblock, tab preferences, & Mouse gestures... I'm not completely happy with the development process of these, and I even wish they would add these extensions as an integral part of the browser... most people that use firefox, like tabbed browsing, want the ad blocking, and crave mouse gestures.... I don't get it...

i used .8 of firefox and wasn't impressed. then i installed .9.2 recently and am using that daily. It's very fast on dialup (compared to ie 6) and i love all of the extensions and themes that they have. it is truly a customizeable browser. it has my vote. the only thing i can say different is that i read that 1.0 was supposed to come out in Sept and not late Aug.

Same here. I installed 0.8 and it sucked. I installed 0.9.2 and it was everything bad about 0.8 fixed.

0.9.2 is:

a) more stable

b) better with the new theme (I hated Qute)

c) faster

d) smooth scrolling actually works

e) has an improved download manager

f) has a new extension manager

g) is just plain better!