-= Internet Explorer Probs w. XP =-

Question

I'm having a problem w/ my internet explorer when i go to ie properties some of the buttons are faded so i can't click on them to change my homepage or delete cookies and some other ones...

does anyone kno how to fix this?....:(

6 answers to this question

how would i do that in xp when ie is basically built in....

im logged in as admin....

i had it as yahoo b4 but it changed to latcatz.com and its faded so i can't change it....

hmm.....those were some fast responses....thx...:)

Mystical112, have you or someone else messed around w/ the gpedit.msc? There are settings there (that may be accessible through other Tweaking programs too -I think- like Xteq). See if those settings were changed in anyway.

Type gpedit.msc in a Run dialog. Navigate your way to UserConfiguration>AdministrativeTemplate>WindowsComponents>InternetExplorer>InternetControlPanel and change the settings for the General tab if it is infact disabled. I would think that this makes the whole General tab disappear from the Options though. So that might not solve your problem.

If you go to UserConfiguration>WindowsSettings>InternetExplorerMaintenance>URLs and change the Properties of ImportantURLs including HomePage.

I'm doubtful that I answered your question though. :ermm:

Mimeryme - thx, i went to UserConfiguration>AdministrativeTemplate>WindowsComponents>InternetExplorer and Enabled then put the setting back to Not Configured for Disable changing home page settings" and it worked.........:D