Enterprise, Broken Bow

cheers mort,

im d/lin that bsplayer now...

im gonna d/l the Enterprise pilot @ 128k isdn - so hopefully it wont take too long....

I think we should all thank EmuZombie for providing us europeans with this file :)

:ditsy: :) :ditsy: :cheeky: :knocked:

btw i still aint seen u on tribes servers im on Jolt nonstop eheh

im on Jolt T2 CTF (01) non stop

i reckon thats got the best ping.....

do u use ms messenger or icq?

if u do p/m so we can arrange some games - im a good(ish) pilot so we can do some tank runs

:D

cool anyway thx for the help...

btw - wot part of swansea u from?

Originally posted by baphomet_ie

btw - wot part of swansea u from?

Swansea: WTF - that's where I go to uni, I also use to go to swansea college, and I live near the swansea area. Who else lives there then..?

P.S.

BROKEN BOW IS BRILLIANT..!!!!! I was able to download it from several other sources and I saw it last night for the first time. Those guys have really done an excellent job on this, based in the past of star trek, before kirk but ahead of our time and at the same time limiting the technology they have, and still ahead of our time aswell. (does this make sense)

A lot of bluddey work must of gone into that :rambo:

mortensen's profile says hes from Swansea...

yeh Broken Bow is brilliant

especially the bit when Captain Archer's dad is doing the speech at 'Warp Academy' and he says the 'to boldly go etc.' bit - that was cool...

I havent watched the second part yet - im keepin that til tomoro

:D

"I hope that's the last time somebody takes a shot at us..."

that's like saying "I guess that's the last time i'll be having sex with aliens"

or "This will be the last time i will have to show my hard vulcan nipples in the name of logic.."

especially the bit when Captain Archer's dad is doing the speech at 'Warp Academy' and he says the 'to boldly go etc.' bit - that was cool...

Ummm wasn't that Cochran not Archer Senior?

I'm just a geek dont worry about me :p It was well cool, shame the UK have no dates as yet to show it :/ The pilot was really kewl. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, I expect Sky One will get it sometime soon. Until then, I hope they have a new opening credit's .. the pilot's ones were EUGH :)

yeh i think what put me off was the way that jus b4 the speech it says 'And it's only fitting that Archer's son should fly the first mission' .... anywayz i was wrong eheh

As for the intro - I liked the idea (man's advancements in travel), and as an aircraft lover (!), dug the Bell X-1 and Yeager footage,

but JESUS! the music was unbelievable - omg - Singing!

That was the only really bad point in the 1st part IMO

T'Pol - OMFG!

:p ;) :D

Originally posted by baphomet_ie

As for the intro - I liked the idea (man's advancements in travel),

correction

'humankind's advancements in travel'

;)

Yeah I noticed that about the intro, I couldn't wait to see the intro with all the crews names. And I have to admit that I was surprised with singing and the advancements through time including Dr Cochrans ship 'The Phoenix' taking flight - then a smooth jump to the new Enterprise.

It was very well done and upbeat.

I have noticed this about the Enterprises:

- Enterprise NX-01 (Captain Archer)

- Enterprise 1701 (Captain Kirk)

- Enterprise 1701-A (Captain/Admiral Kirk)

- Enterprise 1701-B (Captain ????)

- Enterprise 1701-C (Captain [can't remember her name])

- Enterprise 1701-D (Captain Jean-Luc Picard)

- Enterprise 1701-E (Captain Jean-Luc Picard)

Doesn't it look confusing, I though the NX prefix was from the time after Kirk, then again I still don't understand why it's called NX-01 as this wasn't mentioned in any Star Trek Episodes when talking about the time line etc. This was the only thing I was slightly disappointed about (thinking it'll be something else) - but then again, it's a bluddey good film nevertheless :rambo:

is 'The Phoenix' the ship which looked kinda like this:

(the Nasa X-33) :

X-33.jpg

and this (NASA lifting body research vehicle):

EL-1996-00228.jpeg

or was it just supposed to be the first commercial orbital flight r sumthin?

either way it shows how good they researched it....

In the long tradition of Star Trek, every new ship which is featured on the show, there has been a gold plaque on the wall, alledgedly with all the ships crew, realistically it usually contains the production crews names. Has anyone spotted this in the Enterprise episode as yet? I've only watched it the once so far :)

Originally posted by DjmUK

Enterprise B = Captain Jon Harmen

mentioned in Star Trek Generations.

on a side note... The actor who played Tuvok was the science officer in that movie... although he looks human and doesn't even have a name

on a side note... The actor who played Tuvok was the science officer in that movie... although he looks human and doesn't even have a name

Got to love Star Trek's resuse of people, many many actors get reused :)

Yeah that's true they do seem to get reused. Another example is that in one of the TNG's tuvok is in there too, I can't remember the name of the dpisode, but I can try and explain it.

The Enterprise is called to a space station to have a green beam that goes from one end of the ship to the other and destroys all warp radiation or something. Picard goes back to the ship to get his saddle, he's confronted by tuvok (a human) and kills him. Picard goes to engineering and sees that people are trying to steal the waste from the engines to create a bomb.

Oh well - I tried, but more to the point tuvok is used a lot, he's even in DS9 in the alternate universe against the allience.

I noticed in a TNG episode (the one where Wessley is on charge with his buddies at the Academy for trying a flying trick in which one of them was killed), his team leader was the guy that plays Tom Paris in Voyager

Originally posted by DjmUK

Yeah I noticed that about the intro, I couldn't wait to see the intro with all the crews names. And I have to admit that I was surprised with singing and the advancements through time including Dr Cochrans ship 'The Phoenix' taking flight - then a smooth jump to the new Enterprise.

It was very well done and upbeat.

I have noticed this about the Enterprises:

Doesn't it look confusing, I though the NX prefix was from the time after Kirk, then again I still don't understand why it's called NX-01 as this wasn't mentioned in any Star Trek Episodes when talking about the time line etc. This was the only thing I was slightly disappointed about (thinking it'll be something else) - but then again, it's a bluddey good film nevertheless :rambo:

I think the NX prefix is used to distinguish prototypes (NX) from standard service craft. At least, that is how it is used later. Maybe it always was and nobody ever cared until the registry number became a big deal in TNG because of the 1701-D.

Originally posted by ElGato

I noticed in a TNG episode (the one where Wessley is on charge with his buddies at the Academy for trying a flying trick in which one of them was killed), his team leader was the guy that plays Tom Paris in Voyager

And on that same episode, that bajoran girl (Ensign Cito Jackson) is in a TNG episode called "Lower Decks".

I only started noticing this re-use of actors and actoresses a few months ago but since then I have seen 100s! It has become a bit of an obsession, I usually spot them right away now, however alien they might look.