Mystery Item Found in Arctic Valley. Can You Help?

I came in here with high-frickin-hopes of being able to say what it was, but when I saw it, no flippin' idea, the third picture made me think it was something to do with intake, but that doesnt explain the hole, and no-way that would make it out the back of a plane without messing lots of stuff up on the way through.

the way the broken ends look made me laugh though, they look more like stone that metal, made me think "hrmm, they had concrete boat-hulls in WWII, maybe the airforce is working on some cost-effective classified concrete fighter-jet :p"

i did a search, alcoa is an aluminum company. maybe thats just a big piece of aluminum thats supposed to be the part of some aircraft that crashed years ago.

Just drop Alcoa a quick e-mail with the serial number, and they should be able to look it up relatively quickly.

Judging by the object's current condition, I'd say its yours to keep - the military isn't gonna want to use that thing as a spare part or such.

about 5 inches long?! In the photos it looks like this big hulking thing.

Just call up Alcoa. If it's theirs, then they'll tell you what it is. Otherwise you can report them for illegal dumping :)

I don't see how this can be aluminum. Like I said, it seems to be a ceramic... I think I'll email or call Alcoa.

Yeah and maybe they'll buy it back from you. $$

You don't have anything. What you are seeing is the relfection of light from Venus bouncing off the swamp gas near your home. That, with the addition of atmospheric conditions, makes it look like you have a broken piece of painted aluminum in your home. But you don't.

You don't have anything. What you are seeing is the relfection of light from Venus bouncing off the swamp gas near your home. That, with the addition of atmospheric conditions, makes it look like you have a broken piece of painted aluminum in your home. But you don't.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. Now I know the aliens won't be coming for it and I know they won't want to punish me with an anal probe.

Many thanks!

:alien:

That is truly strange... Most likely it's mundane, but it could indeed be part of an old wreckage, it could have fallen off an exhaust, or it could be some structural piece or casing.

Whoa. That's neat. Though I would have left it in case of radiation or something.

eBay it off and see how much you get!

Most likely it's mundane

Lol. Most likely? So there's a chance of it being alien technology?

I'd be careful; even though it's most likely not fallen out of an alien spacecraft, it could be remains from a fighter jet that went down and the gov doesn't want people to know about it. And they can pretty much do whatever they want :unsure: