Dating Site LOGO needed! got cash!$$$

Question

ok..need a logo for a PERSIAN community website that its MAIN feature is dating. but it doesnt mean that its all about dating.

the name is:

TehranTo.com

tehran=capital of Iran

To as in ToronTO..so its TehranTo

the T's HAS to be capital

and the HAS to be a DOT COM at the end (due to some dumb ass who stole our name and opend a currency exchang shop in toronto)

it has to represnt the PERSIAN feel..and

MUSIC (we have one of the largest,if not THE largest, persian music collections on the net)

CHAT(its not chat chat..we hadCHAT..but we took it out...now we have ppl msging eachopther..its more private. its like PM)

EVENTS (parties and we also rep. some persian concerts.),

ur audeince are bunch of 15-25 of yr olds...so..it has to be MODERN and FRESH looking

colors has to match our current lay out..but since we are making a new layout...alt. colors are welcome as well.

we wanna make some Tshirts with the logo on it as well..maybe some posters...so keep that in mind as well.

ohh..i pay can ONLY with PAYPAL..make somethin i would love..and i shall make ur time worthwhile:P

gracias ma neowinians!

PS. i personally LOVE vectors..they look crisp..and a lil NEW AGE and modern..but i dont have the final word on this choosing the logo, but vectors can be resized and i luv that about them.

edit: now 30 dollars for the winner. (tehranto.com users will vote for their fav logo)

made it shorter..and more st8 to the point.

Edited by MetaLRasaM

imo, by not using Kureb's logo you're insulting the neowin graphics community. When someone hands you something that beautifull for $20 and you pass it up...what's the point in even trying in these logo request threads anymore?

but that's just me

Sorry, but you ask way too much for $20. For all the good logos you have just said very vauge requests. Persain and middle-eastern culture in general is very far from western culture and therefore very hard to understand.

Not only that, for $20 you are rebuffing people for putting samples on their logo's. Very rude indeed, I'd understand if it was $5,000 or more, but not for $20 man.

Oh BTW, 'big' design firms would charge $50,000 plus for this sort of work. The BBC for example 6 years ago paid around $2.5million for this logo: http://625.uk.com/tv_logos/logos/bbc_corp_97.gif

(Y) (Y)

imo, by not using Kureb's logo you're insulting the neowin graphics community. When someone hands you something that beautifull for $20 and you pass it up...what's the point in even trying in these logo request threads anymore?

but that's just me

(Y) I agree.

Okay, I'll start with the off topic part, but just so people know...

The BBC for example 6 years ago paid around $2.5million for this logo: http://625.uk.com/tv_logos/logos/bbc_corp_97.gif

From what I understand, the reported 2.5mil wasn't for the logo only, it was for identity research and the remake of print media (letter-heads for example). Corporate identity can go beyond the immaginable prices if you know what you're doing.

The good stuff

On the other hand, our case here, what is asked is a simple logo. Now, MetaLRasaM, you have to understand something.

You may have your expectations, and you may think of something in your head that represent the Persians. What I suggest is your try to draw, or do some reasearch on what you may have in your head. You seem to be asking for a very specific style and most of the artists here are trying their best to help you.

Kureb and a few others, managed to come out with a logo that represents, to the best of their knowledge, the Persian culture in the eyes of non-persians. That is a good point if you're building a community dedicated to your culture. For me, and I believe other occidental members here, the message is clear, this community is not directed toward me.

If you're asking the artists to research on the Persian and middle-eastern culture, then I would suggest offering more money, as it can be a time consuming process. And, like I said, since you seem to be looking for a very specific style I would suggest to rely on yourself for better results.

Don't take this wrong. You'll probably get closer to what you're looking for if you consider those hints. :happy:

Okay, I'll start with the off topic part, but just so people know...

From what I understand, the reported 2.5mil wasn't for the logo only, it was for identity research and the remake of print media (letter-heads for example). Corporate identity can go beyond the immaginable prices if you know what you're doing.

The good stuff

On the other hand, our case here, what is asked is a simple logo. Now, MetaLRasaM, you have to understand something.

You may have your expectations, and you may think of something in your head that represent the Persians. What I suggest is your try to draw, or do some reasearch on what you may have in your head. You seem to be asking for a very specific style and most of the artists here are trying their best to help you.

Kureb and a few others, managed to come out with a logo that represents, to the best of their knowledge, the Persian culture in the eyes of non-persians. That is a good point if you're building a community dedicated to your culture. For me, and I believe other occidental members here, the message is clear, this community is not directed toward me.

If you're asking the artists to research on the Persian and middle-eastern culture, then I would suggest offering more money, as it can be a time consuming process. And, like I said, since you seem to be looking for a very specific style I would suggest to rely on yourself for better results.

Don't take this wrong. You'll probably get closer to what you're looking for if you consider those hints.  :happy:

mann...thanX alot. Couldn?t say it better my self. i want to thank you for your hints. and i do agree with you. you are right. i shouldve created something better..to give these atrists an idea..but to be honest....i wanted to see something diff. i wanted a surprise. mayve my approach was wrong. but i just dont think its such a big deal u know..its fixable..i just hate it when ppl bitch over something taht they dont even know...its all about communications.

i would like 2 shine some light on this thread.

1st of all..i didn?t MAKE any1 to post their logos here. they could easily pm me the link or email it to me. THEY CHOSE to.

and for a logo for 2.5 million dollars? i think i didn?t make something clear...we are FIVE GETHO COLLEGE STUDENTS! i have to work my ass off just to pay ma tuition...this website is like our portfolio. it s just that when we made it..ppl started loving it..so we just tried to make it better. at the moment we really can?t afford anything more than. and i thought made that clear on the 1st post. However we are considering a 10 dollar price boost for the logo that is chosen by our members.

ppl have done some amazing work and im luving that. but im not gonna buy a logo cuz a certain member made it. i couldnt care less about the person. i want a logo that would match ma criteria...i wanted to rep. the site and also the persian community. it is very strange to me how you guys still talk about how difficult it is to bring the persian feel to your work when i clearly stated that some of you guys have exceeded my expectations....in the past 2,3 weeks so much has happend in my life that i think it gave you guys a feel that i dont care about the logo..and im just trying to waste my self and your time. that is NOT true. i have lost a friend and im also in da middle of a very important deicision in my life, and that is changing my major in university or not. it is prob one of the most imporarnt decisions that im ever gonna make.anyyways...enough of that. im going to review the new logos tomorrow..and im just gonna make your job easier. im gonna post a page on my site..and ask my members to vote for the one they like. and ill ask that person to finalize his art and ill buy it from him. we decided that its the best way to deal with this. And for those of you guys who don?t have a ?sample? on your work. Ill def add it my self. I don?t want to see your work stolen by a member on my site or anything. (considering that theres a Persian money exchange store in Toronto with the same name).

anyways so the price is now 30 dollars (USD) and I don?t judge any more. My TT members will vote. Good luck.

p.s if you any problems/requests and questions plz feel free to either PM me or post it here.

im going to give you guys ma full attentions in the next 3,4 days.

Edited by MetaLRasaM

woah, thats some fine work insurektion. I think that one is the best one so far, very very professional. I would sign up for the dating service with that logo. :rofl:

well i went all out on this one. i thought first what is persian then i though wait ninjas are so cool. so here ya go. please dont steal it.

You have my vote! :D

@MetaLRasaM: If you're serious about your iPod offer, I'll put enough hours into this logo to pay for an iPod. Hell, I'll even make 10 different logos and do countless revisions. :yes:

thank you its great to see im finally getting some appreciation for my masterpieces. :p . BUt seriously some of you guys are putting way too much effort into this for a measly $20. Good stuff ive seen so far though.

A 5-minuter.  A week late, but I was bored.

584414728[/snapback]

That's probably the best one I've seen...keep in mind I haven't seen some of the earlier ones that have been taken offline...but I like the simplicity of yours. :)

Since when did a web pro start tlkin like dis? cos dis sounds like sum hyped up yobo ( aka ME ) who comes fro norf east london.

Or is dat ow persains speak?

Chris :rofl:

Since when did a web pro start tlkin like dis? cos dis sounds like sum hyped up yobo ( aka ME ) who comes fro norf east london.

Or is dat ow persains speak?

Chris?:rofl::

584724401[/snapback]

definitely not.

I like swank's so far, (some of the links are dead)

edit: i changed my mind.

1. Noxel's

2. swank's

draw a goat's... i dont like it, i dont hate it.

Edited by omniiv

just a quick sample. i can change the color, images or just about anything else.

post-53155-1097691823.jpg

ill do another one later today

584727398[/snapback]

wow..thats crazyy man..

i like it..

don really like the icons tho..they dont match the whole feel of the art..

guys it has been crazy...we are currently working on our new layout...and ofcourse new servers and more bells and wsitles..anyways...we got in touch with some very intresting ppl..who happen 2 help us with some extra bling..so chances are im going to buy a couple of logos...i already have one in mind..which was from a dude who wrote TEHRANTO.com with a arabic/persian feel..(not the dark one...this one was posted way before..but i cant remember who it was)

anyways..since we are going to order some tshirts and tops(ladiez) we wanna do some crazy funky logos...more details will be posted asap..im goin thro some hard **** @ school..its mid term exam seasons...so ..ya..all i gotta say is read the posts..and use ur creativity..and btw..I LOVE THE WHOLE "east meets west" sounded very cool

jessus christ when i joined neowin this thread was made well nearly that time and still the logo hasnt been choosen :o or am i missing something?

584727546[/snapback]

mann..its sad that ur statement is true..and somehow funny..been crazyy man..the whole website project was paused...as soon as ma mid terms finishes..im back to finish talks with the sponsors..and get ma logo and the new site up!

btw...this is THE ONLY place i have asked for a logo..cuz this place is the shizneeet! (also neo request..didnt help much tho)