[fx] Tabbed Browsing and IE Style Picture Loading

Sorry im such a nob but i need help

1. how do i enabled tabbed browsing couldnt find a option anywhere

2. how do i do this ?

Show Pictures As They are Loading (IE Style)

This is a psychological thing more than anything else. By default, Firefox uses placeholder images by leaving image locations blank or with the white box and x combo. Changing this value will result in the load as it goes approach as with IE

user_pref("browser.display.show_image_placeholders", false);

if you mean by that, that all new pages open in tabs. go to update.mozilla.org and search for an extension called single somthing or something like that. i don't remember exactly.

regarding second question, go to your profile which is located at documents and settings/application data(hidden folder)/mozilla/firefox/some folder/again folder and then bunch of folders. there with use of notepad create file named user.js and put this line in there. save it, then open firefox and you will have your images loading like in ie

:EDIT: direct link to this extension : http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/morei...ox&id=50&vid=53

I didn't know Firefox had tabbed browsing I use Opera if I need a lot open at once.

I prefer Firefox (feels more streamlined) I'd like it more if someone knows a way of getting it tabbing.

Ascii

Or if you don't want to edit the file user.js type "about:config" in the address bar that will bring up all the possible configuration that you can change into FF.

im looking for fully tabbed browsing its possible

btw i cant get that extension to install, how do i manually installed .xpi extension files ?

oki i got tabbed browsing working :D

how about this problem

2. how do i do this ?

Show Pictures As They are Loading (IE Style)

This is a psychological thing more than anything else. By default, Firefox uses placeholder images by leaving image locations blank or with the white box and x combo. Changing this value will result in the load as it goes approach as with IE

user_pref("browser.display.show_image_placeholders", false);

how do i do that ?