Doom III to be Bundeled with Ati Cards!

I'm sorry for being naive but, when did the world of gamers turn into such elitists? My god, if you can't turn all the anti-aliasing on and have it run at 2048x1536 then damnit, it's just not worth it!

I only have a lowly 9600 pro that I fully intend on playing doom 3 and halflife 2 both with. I was pleased to see in that benchmarking article that this game will run just fine on lower end hardware. As was mentioned earlier, they'd have to make it that way, otherwise it wouldn't sell as well.

So the debate is, ATI bundled Doom 3 with their videos cards, even though reviews show Nvidia is the performance leader...

:whistle:

So the debate is, ATI bundled Doom 3 with their videos cards, even though reviews show Nvidia is the performance leader...

:whistle:

And ATI is automatically banned from bundling a game just because it may run somewhat slower on their hardware? Give me a break. Nvidia claims 80% of the games out there "run best on nvidia hardware" but in actuality, they don't. The X800 XT is still faster then the 6800 Ultra in Far Cry yet it's a TWIMTBP game bundled with many Geforce 6800 cards.

Fanboys are such hypocrites. :sleep:

Hmm...

http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/109...x7HppJJ_2_1.gif

Ultra vs. XT...9fps more? Try 17 more. The rest range from 9-15. I'm sick of fighting over something so pointless...

Yeah, I can do that too.

1090364971VEVx7HppJJ_2_2.gif

Difference of 9 fps.

1090364971VEVx7HppJJ_2_3.gif

Difference of 9 fps.

1090364971VEVx7HppJJ_3_1.gif

Difference of 12 fps

1090364971VEVx7HppJJ_3_2.gif

Difference of 7 fps.

1090364971VEVx7HppJJ_3_3.gif

Difference of 0.8 fps.

:rolleyes:

Edited by ANova

And ATI is automatically banned from bundling a game just because it may run somewhat slower on their hardware? Give me a break. Nvidia claims 80% of the games out there "run best on nvidia hardware" but in actuality, they don't. The X800 XT is still faster then the 6800 Ultra in Far Cry yet it's a TWIMTBP game bundled with many Geforce 6800 cards.

Fanboys are such hypocrites. :sleep:

Yeah, I can do that too.

http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/109...x7HppJJ_2_2.gif

Difference of 9 fps.

http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/109...x7HppJJ_2_3.gif

Difference of 9 fps.

http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/109...x7HppJJ_3_1.gif

Difference of 12 fps

http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/109...x7HppJJ_3_2.gif

Difference of 7 fps.

http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/109...x7HppJJ_3_3.gif

Difference of 0.8 fps.

:rolleyes:

man if the benchmarks showed Ati a mere 5 points higher, you would be touting how much better Ati is. Go call someone a hypocrite....and stop your whining ...please... :rolleyes:

sounds like fun. the x800 is availbe at stores over here bundled with hitman contracts.

They can't bundle an unreleased title

They'll start shipping the bundles when DoomIII has been released

man if the benchmarks showed Ati a mere 5 points higher, you would be touting how much better Ati is. Go call someone a hypocrite....and stop your whining ...please... :rolleyes:

lol, ok fanboy. :rolleyes:

I wasn't whining, I was defending what I had originally said.

Edited by ANova

ANOVA - when the 6800GT gives faster results than the much more expensive top of the line Ati x800xt PE something is far from "great", we know opengl and ati don't go along that ain't news...but the fact is if things really don't improve over those iD published benchmarks things can get ungly.

And let me disagree with you by saying in a game like this 9fps can make the diference (we ain't talking about 100fps + games here), plus following logic the minimum fps on the ati should be equally slower which is kinda of worring (at least I would be if i splashed +$500 for a gfx card and saw ~$400 cards giving better results)

btw lets try to "fight" with arguments rather than mindless trolling folks (talking in general)

the average Joe that doesn't know the difference between opengl and direct3d will see that the nvidia card performs a tad better and will buy an nvidia card...

If you don't know the difference between opengl and DX, you don't own a $400+ card :laugh:

Whatever, the benchmarks mean little to nothing, it will be just the opposite when HL2 comes out, and then we'll here this same argument the otherway around. :sleep:

Whatever, the benchmarks mean little to nothing, it will be just the opposite when HL2 comes out, and then we'll here this same argument the otherway around.  :sleep:

Right, so you know that HL2 will run better on ATi cards? What about WAITING for the release of the benchmarks

before you spew out a comment like that.

So you guys buy top notch expensive GFX cards to run benchmarks :| that is so sad.

If you didn't run the benchmarks would you seriously be buying the cutting edge? Try a blind test play a game with Nvidia and ATI GPUs and see if you can guess which machine has which. I bet you couldn't tell, thats the reason these GPU makers market their cards on Benchmarks. Your all sucked in to thier marketing hype. get a life people lol

So you guys buy top notch expensive GFX cards to run benchmarks :| that is so sad.

If you didn't run the benchmarks would you seriously be buying the cutting edge? Try a blind test play a game with Nvidia and ATI GPUs and see if you can guess which machine has which. I bet you couldn't tell, thats the reason these GPU makers market their cards on Benchmarks. Your all sucked in to thier marketing hype. get a life people lol

You seem awfully alot like the people that consider playing at 15fps fast and stable.... :whistle:

Right, so you know that HL2 will run better on ATi cards? What about WAITING for the release of the benchmarks

before you spew out a comment like that.

It's all about marketing. Nvidia payed for Doom III to run better on their cards, ATi did the same for HL2. If it doesn't, I'll eat my hat. Does that make you happy?

I bet you get a voucher again, just like with HL2... only this time you get it for the ATI card, for one which can run D3 faster than NVIDIA. :p

You seem awfully alot like the people that consider playing at 15fps fast and stable.... :whistle:

consider what you said very carfully, yes does seem a pointless remark doesn't but never mind hey you may get better some day, lol

We all know the current GFX cards can play ALL the current games but all seem hung up on mine does xFPS more than yours, but when it comes to actually playing the games the difference in game play is hardly noticable if at all.

At 15fps of course its too slow but play that same game against a similar card that does 20FPS you would not notice the difference. Same for 100FPS against 80fps etc

There used to be a valid argument before and that was on quality of image but not anymore. Just get the card that supports the latest technology the games available have. You will save money and still run fast FPS.

For your info I own a ATI Radeon 9700 pro and a Nvidia GF3 Ti in my machines. I will not be updating my card(s) till games catch up with the latest Direct X, until then it will be pointless to do so. Doom 3 will run perfect on my machine.

You're STILL bringing this crap up? Let me explain something to you, maybe something'll sink into that obviously thick skull of yours. I am the farthest thing from a fanboy that you will ever see. I play basically 0 games anymore, so video cards matter 0 to me. As long as it gets me to my desktop, I do not care. Did you miss the part saying I was sick of arguing over something so pointless? Besides, that picture is of one case. Go look at the other 10 images :rolleyes:

Now, if you would kindly shut the hell up.

he he fanboy gets hurt ? You dodge my original question ... you played the "fanboy card" and I said I was recommending 6800 GT everywhere, so where is your response to that ?

Moreover considering the ignorant statement you made just shows your maturity fanboy.

And lastly, you were the one to start this crap, you just want to end it when you are found wanting ? Sheesh, fanboys I tell you...

edit: And dont tell me to go look at the rest of the benches, you showed one bench where the diff was 17, similarly I showed one where the diff was zero. If you have the capability to do your own research, you would conclude that the avg fps diff is 8.5. As long as anything is above 50, its pretty much acceptable, far from "half decent" performance. :whistle:

Edited by jerry

How can this be true? ATI already has HL. And why would ID agree with this? They won't make such a deal if they haven't seen the benchmarks yet and if they did see those that were posted above they wouldn't bundle it with the lowest scoring card... Or would you?

How can this be true? ATI already has HL. And why would ID agree with this? They won't make such a deal if they haven't seen the benchmarks yet and if they did see those that were posted above they wouldn't bundle it with the lowest scoring card... Or would you?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

damn I will have to upgrade my Trident 1mb video card to run doom3

Those days are gone, I don't know why but sometimes when I think of my old trident I get a warm feeling inside... :happy: