-------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufactor Link:

http://www.consumer.philips.com/global/b2c...tId=SBCHC200_05

Manual:

http://www.consumer.philips.com/global/b2c...tId=SBCHC200_05

Store: Argos = http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/s...roductId=108456

Price: ?19.75

-----------------------------------------

I needed a new set of headphones as my old pair of corded Sony where annoying me as the cable was limiting my distance away from my pc and my TV when I was Watching then. So i was on the look out for some better headphones, I never thought of wireless ones until one day I went in to Comet (A UK store I think Part of curry?s, dioxins and pcworld) Asked for some headphones and a gentlemen led me to them, where I saw that they had some wireless Philips I thought BINGO just what I need. So I brought me. Since Then I?ve never looked back on them.

The Reliability of these is superb; I've had these for about a year now and still using the Batteries that came with the set made by Philips.

Sound quality seems quite good to me and when there?s an effect, which involves the left, and the right channel you will hear it and it will sound amazing aka stereo.

I normally get about 5-10 days out of a 20 hours charge (I will change this at some point as this is not completely true, got to work it out) I use the headphones for about 5 hours everyday.

The quality of the Headphones and the Base Station seem pretty good expect the only downside is if you lay on them when using them your ear may hurt but this has always been the case for me and every other headphone I?ve had, maybe I got big ears or something. The weight of the headphones is pretty light but they do look a bit big.

The Headphones have a flap on the left to put the batteries in along with the on/off switch and the socket to charge the headphones up from the Base Station, On the right it has the volume control as a wheel thing.

left.jpgRight.jpg

There?s abit of elastic and like a leather effect bit of cloth to keep the head phones in place across your head. The Two speakers are connected together via 2 Bendy plastic arches, which then connect to some solid plastic upside down U.

overlook.jpg

The Base Station consists of a rounded block with 4 lights at the front that look like LED these are infact the IR senders, don?t ask me where the receiver is in the Headphones, anyway on the back is a power switch, DC power inlet to connect the 12volt/200mA AC/DC adapter in other terms something that makes it works.

There?s also a cable built in which you can not unplug this is the 3.5mm stereo headphone audio input it also comes with a small adapter to convert the 3.5mm plug to 6.3mm Then there?s the recharging input where you plug a cable in-between this and the headphones to charge it.

station.jpg

My setup for my bedroom (where I use them) is as followed

My DVD plugs in to my VCD, my VCR get a feed from my NTL Digital box both of these are SCART. Then the NTL Digital box goes to the TV via SCART, then from my video using a standard normal aerial connection it plugs in to my TV, my video also has a feed from the normal TV channels known as terrestrial from an aerial on my parents house. You mite be wondering what the hell this has to do with my bloody headphones well a lot as the base station 3.5mm cable goes to a block which allows 3.5mm male connectors to join his was like a quid from Maplins, from there a 3.5mm cable spits in to a left and a right channel PHONO cables.

So this enables me to listen to the NTL digital box, which hasn?t got any audio outputs bar the SCART, and secondly I can also listen to my DVD player without having to unplug the cables from the VCR to the DVD player also the stupid fact my TV only got one SCART which is the Digital?s, and last but not least watching some good ole VHS of programs I taped or some classic only fools and horses I own. You could call it the centre of my bedroom TV system

From all that the headphones are perfect when I want to watch TV at night and not disturb anyone in the house.

So if you?re after some good cheap wireless headphones I suggest these as they are well worth the money.

Kit contents

This IR headphone system consists of the

Following accessories:

1 x SBC HC202 IR transmitter

1 x SBC HC205 IR headphone

1 x SBC CS030/00 12 Volt/200 mA AC/DC

adapter (for UK: SBC CS030/05

12 Volt/200 mA AC/DC adapter)

2 x rechargeable R03 AAA (NiMH)

batteries

1 x 3.5 mm plug to 6.3 mm stereo adapter

plug

1 recharge cable (45 cm)

For more information look at the Maker's link and manual.

===========================================================

I hope you liked this review i know what i've said isn't much and the photos are crap but i've taken em at 3am and rather tired as well.

also the layout is rather poor;))