Little things i see

Hey all,

I was just outside staring into the sky, and as always when im staring for about 30 seconds my eyes begin to focus out of the sky and i can see these little white things, its like when you've had a bash on the head or get up to quickly you see these little stars, but these things travel in a circular and spiral motion and theres millions of them. They are not tiny insects and no its not snowing.

Has anyone ever noticed these things? Call this a stupid post if you wish, but iam just curious on what they could be. :blink:

Thanks for reading

Your eyes telling you not to stare at bright things.

"The drifting shapes you saw are known as floaters. They are caused by bits of junk drifting in the fluid of your eyeball near your retina, the layer of light-sensitive cells at the back of your eye. This junk could be leftover pieces of structures that were part of your eye when you were still a baby. Or, they could be leftover red blood cells that leaked out of the blood vessels that supply the retina. Once they are floating, they lose their color and can swell into spheres, or they may form chains.

When the liquid in your eye moves, the floaters move with it. When you lie on your back for a while, they sink and drift closer to your retina. Some may settle into the fovea, a depression in the retina where vision is sharpest.

You may also see some bright little specks that seem to moving in a regular pattern in time with your heartbeat. These specks are blood cells moving through the blood vessels that supply the retina."

Edited by hdood

Stuff on your eye I suppose

Na i doubt it cos if when my eyes are " out of focus" i can see the little smudges on my eyes, which move in the same positions with my eyes.

If that makes any sense :rolleyes:

Maybe theyre aliens

I think iam gonna go with what hdood said, makes sense i suppose.

Although i'd like to believe there aliens ;)

Tell a doctor, and have an eye examination

No need to see a doctor, as it's a common phenomena experienced by most people.

Things you DO need to worry about though, are:

Bright "flashes" of light;

more defined "floaters" (even when not looking directly at bright objects) that tend to obstruct your vision;

"curtains" blocking parts of your vision.

These are often also accompanied by intense migraine-like headaches, and can be symptoms of retinal detachment, which requires immediate medical attention. If not treated in time, there is a great risk of blindness.

Na i doubt it cos if when my eyes are " out of focus" i can see the little smudges on my eyes, which move in the same positions with my eyes.

If that makes any sense :rolleyes:

I guess its something in your eye, i can see them sometimes, you try to move your eyes so you can see them properly and they move with it :p

I have that problem all the time, even when my eyes are closed (I see all sorts of wierd images as well as that) but I do have a very uncommon eye condition.

I don't think its anything overly important.

I guess its something in your eye, i can see them sometimes, you try to move your eyes so you can see them properly and they move with it :p

Yeah I know exactly what you mean when it moves with your eyes. I only get it when I squint, never happens in dull light.

I see the same things very clearly in bright light when staring at the sky.

I always wondered what it was, perhaps some kind of eyelash or something, but the dead cell thing makes a whole lot more sense. Especially the floater thing, cause that would explain why they seem to continue moving when you move your eyese quickly.

Wow, cool man, I've wondered what it was since I was like 6 years old.

Hey all,

I was just outside staring into the sky, and as always when im staring for about 30 seconds my eyes begin to focus out of the sky and i can see these little white things, its like when you've had a bash on the head or get up to quickly you see these little stars, but these things travel in a circular and spiral motion and theres millions of them. They are not tiny insects and no its not snowing.

Has anyone ever noticed these things? Call this a stupid post if you wish, but iam just curious on what they could be. :blink:

Thanks for reading

I see somethig like this. almost like little silver sperms swimming around in the air (I would say fish but they resemble sperm more, as sort of gross as it sounds :p ).

Also if I focus on a sky or something light and solid colored, I see floating things, that look like organisms you'd see under a microscope. It's odd, they're always clearish, no color and made up of little circles connected to form the shape resembling a creature.

• 2 weeks later...