XP Plus! Problem, Help me please!

Help! I just got my hands on the Plus! pack for XP, ive been after it for a while. However after installing it and clicking on the 'Microsoft Plus!' main icon, it says 'This program has generated error's and will shutdown' and thats it!!! :s :s I have tried allsorts, even a fresh install of XP 2600. I even chucked on RC2 to see if it helped at all. Someone please help me! ill be eternally grateful. :disappoin

Anyone at all get this problem? and what is the main icon for? Am i missing out on features by not being able to get to it? even so its annoying....:disappoin :disappoin :disappoin :disappoin

to be honest with you dude this is prolly a problem with the copy of the war*zed version that you have.

When all is said and done though........the only decent thing in the XP plus pack is the fish screensaver other than that its a pile of poo and not worth the hassle.

:ponder:

do'h :(

He said it works fine for someone else he know's though. Which is odd. It would be my PC it dont work on :) i think im the only one that likes it, lol :)

But all the other parts seem to work fine on there own, its just when i try and execute the main icon... its about 310mb the CD.... that the right size for the Plus! files?

ta

-Robert

Originally posted by Robert_Hague

do'h :(

He said it works fine for someone else he know's though. Which is odd. It would be my PC it dont work on :) i think im the only one that likes it, lol :)

But all the other parts seem to work fine on there own, its just when i try and execute the main icon... its about 310mb the CD.... that the right size for the Plus! files?

ta

-Robert

Mine :ponder: is 346MB. But I have to agree with many others that the only good thing in there is the fishtank screensaver (It really rocks on my GeForce 3 :ditsy: )

hmmmm i looked, its actually 302mb, but also other people i know have it and its that size as well and it works fine for them. Can you imagine if i actually bought WIndows XP and Plus! on the release day how annoying this would be....

Hmmm, well. Im not sure what is going on, i *could* be something in my setup, god knows, but the person that got it for me is currentley installing XP himself to test it also, so if it works for him or not, i will know either way.

Yeah but the Munch's Oddessy visuals for Media Player rock :D and the MP3 -> WMA conver is handy (much less space and just as good sound wise).

Its not bad. But i just wish i could see it in *ALL* its glory. Type thing. :)

Is it just me that think the PLUS! add-on should be on the RETAIL Windows XP CD as an extra? not sold seperateley? seems 'cash-in' to me, especially after it will sting shelling out the cash for Win XP :s ?250 approx for the Pro version, sheeeesh.