Apache on localhost

I just installed WINLAMP 0.2 and it is working great. The only problem is that I don't know how to access the local site from another computer. How can I do this? Do I have to forward any ports. I'm using windows xp and my network has a wireless belkin router.

You will have to have port 80 forwarded to your Apache PC's internal LAN address 192.168.x.x.

You will have external viewers of your page go to your LAN address issued by your ISP to your router. One of your router's pages should show you this, or just go to http://showmyip.com ;)

I just was to run the site locally not on the internet becuase my ISP doesn't allow it. If I forward port 80 will that only allow the LAN users to view the site or anyone from the internet?

I just was to run the site locally not on the internet becuase my ISP doesn't allow it. If I forward port 80 will that only allow the LAN users to view the site or anyone from the internet?

In addition to Banjo's information, you are correct in thinking that the port forwarding in the router is ONLY for outside access into your local network. If you don't need it, by all means don't forward the port! ;)