Death Star found orbitting Saturn !

then why did you post

I needed the +1 on my postcount :shifty:

But its a discussion forum, so I figured why not post.

because if all planets had rings then we be wondering why all planets without rings look so cool

They don't have to have rings, but they could have spikes or something. They would look all evil. :devil:

Here's my rendering using my l33t Paint skills.

post-92-1091079538.jpg

it makes you wonder what would have called a depression that size and shape on a rock in space im sure nasa is looking into what caused it. :)

I wonder if that's where Lucas got his idea :whistle:

Took the words right out of my mouth! ;) :pinch:

Seems like that a meteorite crashed into it a long time ago and almost broke it to pieces.

This impact probably came close to disintegrating the moon. Traces of fracture marks can be seen on the opposite side of Mimas, suggesting that the destruction nearly split the satellite into two pieces. Although the icy moon bears a striking resemblance to the fictional 1977 'Death Star' from the Star Wars film by George Lucas, this low-density satellite probably had a more likely past not as a weapon or space station, but instead as a victim of one catastrophic day in its ancient history. That day Mimas came closer to dying rather than committing any planet-scale homicide.

That is really cool. Life imitates art in so many ways.

Ah... I'd say it's the other way around. Art imitates life. Granted the Death Star design was probably developed for the movies before anyone in the public saw those pictures, but somehow I doubt that moon watched "Star Wars" and then willed a meteor to crash into it...

Looking beyond technicalities, that is very cool ;)