pcAnywhere 10 + WinXP compat.

Is there anyway to get both? IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT's NOT FAIR.... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

I hate you, Symantec! I'm never talking to you again!

I'm sorry, I still love you. Let's never fight again.

----Am I crazy?

I installed pcAnywhere 10 on my Win2k server box and got the bsod, and other errors until I notoced an update on their web site which cured those problems. Not sure how to help you out on pcAnywhere 10 on XP, but maybe ther is an alternatove...

Possibly you should try a better alternative to pcAnywhere, which is VNC, which stands for Virtual Network Computing.

It's IP based only, but is extremly small, fast and works with win95 all the way up to XP! Available also for virtually every computing platform, XWindows on Linux, MAC, BEOS you name it, there is even a viewer available for Pocket PC/Palm! Just how small is it, the viewer to remote connect is only around 170k, the server components I think like 800+k.

And it's FREE!

Give it a try, i've been using it for years and it's a gem to use for all those corporate types who wish to do remote support etc.

I have hundreds of PC's on many networks and when a user calls up with a problem, I just connect to them via command line, or a work in progress (I'm re-doing it...) html page, click on the location on a map and I'm connected.

pcAnywhere is good for some instances, over a dialup, etc... But for the most part it pales into oblivion compared to the speed, ease of use and "Free as in Beer" approach.

Hope this helps.