Anyone like Rollerblading/Inline skating

Hi,

Any rollerbladers out there????? Before rollerblades even existed I used to do Figure Skating as a child...so I've skated for years. Rollerblading is fantastic and I enjoy the freedom it brings. I think it flows better than skateboarding - but I like skateboarding too. As a rollerblader first I will always prefer it.

Which inliners are your favourites? I like the Yasotoko brothers, Taig Khris and Fabiola De Silva (she's awesome!). The double backflip is probably one of the craziest tricks ever...what is your opinions????

later folks!! :cool:

I have Salomon skates - they are great (but a bit expensive)...definitely worth it though. I used to have bauer skates and I wouldn't buy any other brands...then I went for the Salomon skates and I wouldn't look back :)

Bauer makes hockey skates, I wouldn't buy hockey skates for recreational use. I have $500 hockey skates and like $150 recreation skates. Use to have some aggressive inline skates too when I was like 14, I think they were Roces. Now all those aggressive ones look like snowboarding boots. But skating is such a geat way to excersise, low impact, and just good cardio all around.

Isn't inline skating the exact same thing as rollerblading?

yeah of course...just put the two definitions because some people prefer to call rollerblading inline skating. Rollerblade is a company but the sport is defined as inline skating (non branded)...thats why you hear on XGames the sport being referred to as Agressive In-line and so on. :yes:

hell yeah :)

i've been skating (ice) since i can walk. actually, i think i can skate (ice or inline) better than i can walk :p

I still havent mastered the braking part yet, I just crash into a tree or something :shifty:

lol.. exactly. I rollerblade, ocassionaly (well, not anymore), and I never learned how to stop. :(

I still havent mastered the braking part yet, I just crash into a tree or something :shifty:

oh good, i'm not the only person that can't stop. i usually just end up making myself fall and getting big scrapes on my legs haha

oh good, i'm not the only person that can't stop. i usually just end up making myself fall and getting big scrapes on my legs haha

omg me to!~: we can giggle at our scrapes together!

wanna hook up buttercup? :laugh:

I still havent mastered the braking part yet, I just crash into a tree or something

So people besides falling, can anyone do any tricks???? What about skateparks or Vert skaters??? Livingston Skate Park in Scotland is the prime location here..i've been there and its really cool...its more for skateboarding though as that is what is was designed for (http://www.livingstonalive.co.uk/liviskatepark.shtml or http://www.livirolling.com). :cool:

hehe, i always skated more for the hockey aspect, but i've done a 360/grab down a couple of stairs. thats about it though...too old for all the tricks...