How Many People Actually Use Remote Desktop?

Do You Use Remote Desktop  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Use Remote Desktop

• Yes
    • No

I got Xp Pro on all my computer so I could do this (plus security). It's great. I can make it seem like i'm running Windows Xp Pro on a 90mhz laptop when it's actually running off my 1.67ghz machine, lol. So who else uses remote desktop?

Remote Desktop is one of the reasons why I want XP Professional, but I have Home. I would use it but I can't.

I use UltraVNC over the internet. It feels more responsive than Remote Desktop because of compression techniques.

Remote Desktop still works nicely over the LAN though. :)

i use it every now and then to connect to my schools servers, which have lots of useful software on them for me to use for free :)

never used it. never will. too laggy with my dialup.

Same here and since I am a home computer user, I don't see the need of it and disabled it throughly. :yes:

I use Pro for it's increased security features. :)

I think it's one of the best and most understated features of Windows XP. Some people might only see it as a remote administration tool, but I find that it's very usefull for day-to-day use, especially if you have both a laptop and a desktop computer. It's also great if you need to kill the boredom at work or if you need to do some work from home.

i sometimes use it to control my desktop, and what music its playing.. from my laptop when im sitting outside in the garden or something..

just position the speakers so they are pointing out of a widnow, and wifi away!

its great!!

I don't trust Internet Explorer nor Outlook, nor other microsoft technologies by its security big big holes. Why trust on this?

Just use UltraVNC. Great software, much more features than WXP VNC.

I always use 3rd software if I can. Microsoft has not got security at all!!

I don't trust Internet Explorer nor Outlook, nor other microsoft technologies by its security big big holes. Why trust on this?

Just use UltraVNC. Great software, much more features than WXP VNC.

I always use 3rd software if I can. Microsoft has not got security at all!!

And yet you use Windows? :rolleyes: What an idoit.