How Many People Actually Use Remote Desktop?

Do You Use Remote Desktop  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Use Remote Desktop

• Yes
    • No

remote assistance is the same as remote desktop...

those who say that other 3rd party programs have more features, what kind of features? Remote desktop gives you 100% control over the pc (just like sitting on it) with the exception of ctrl + alt + del doesnt work but how often do we use that with microsoft software ;)

I think remote desktop is brilliant... Though I wouldnt recommend playing games over it..

Try Start > Settings > Windows Security =)

I'm surprised; I didn't think that many people used remote desktop. I've never tried it, never had a reason to. My friend controls his servers with pc anywhere, but I guess that's crap

LMAO, I have it disabled. I find no need for it since I never have PC issues which requires someone to take control of my PC.

That's Remote Assistance

I use Remote Desktop and I love it :) one of the reasons I bought MS Win XP Pro and I got MS Win XP Home, 2 books for free :D

I used to use it in infotech class because we had XP and it had the RDP software installed already. I'd try tightVNC if I get and course with computers next year I guess....

I use. Its really useful when your computers are connected to a network and you need to access something on another computer or just want to test something

The only disadvantage to Remote Desktop's approach is that things such as Direct2D (games, movies) don't show up at all.

Right. Spew some more lies, why don't you?

Movie files play just fine - as long as you have a link capable of transmitting & receiving the video and audio.

Whenever I'm at work, I have at least one rdesktop connection open - playing music. Most of the time, I tend to forget that I'm using a remote computer.

5 - 10k/sec = slightly laggy

20k/sec available = snappy

40k/sec = doesn't feel any different from using the computer directly

Right. Spew some more lies, why don't you?

Movie files play just fine - as long as you have a link capable of transmitting & receiving the video and audio.

Whenever I'm at work, I have at least one rdesktop connection open - playing music. Most of the time, I tend to forget that I'm using a remote computer.

5 - 10k/sec = slightly laggy

20k/sec available = snappy

40k/sec = doesn't feel any different from using the computer directly

It's not a lie. I can't play movies over Remote Desktop unless I use something like Media Player Classic. Try not to be so touchy.