Index

--Overview

--Package

--Battery

--Memory

--Games

--Graphics and Camera

--Conclusion

The Sony Ericsson z600 is one of the company?s flag ship phones with the latest technology and features. The Z600 has an amazing TFD colour screen (65536 colours at a screen size of 128 x 160 pixels) which provides crystal clear images.

The package includes CD-ROM (for connectivity between PC and phone), charger, two style-up covers, standard battery, manual and of course the phone itself. All of which nicely presented in a small cardboard box.

Like most new phones the Z600 has a bit of battery life in it so you can put it on charge and have a little play with it (like I did), charge takes around 3 hours from flat to full. Sony Ericsson have let themselves down when it comes to charging as the charger easily slips out and every time it does you have to plug it back in, the charger can also become loose so you have to check its on charge.

Shared memory is around 1.5mb with pre-installed items and around 2mb if you delete these, you probably will because some items are useless and the room could be put to better use. The shared memory includes pictures, ring tones, games and MMS but as far as I am aware deleting items from the shared memory won?t increase the number of text messages you can store. This is around 70-80 depending on their size.

Pre-installed in the phone are AlienScum, HoneyCave2, Minigolf and V-Rally2. All very enjoyable games. You can also install any mophun game which comes at a price but I would recommend a game called syndroid. The games load up pretty fast because they are on a different platform from other games which would have run in JAVA. V-Rally2 is a bit of a let down as you find out that after 2 races to get more tracks and cars you need to buy an upgrade-not really worth it.

The graphics are very very good compared to similar phones. The Z600?s TFD screen means you can enjoy sharp crisp images. The camera is very good quality seeing as its an added bonus to a phone and not really essential. The photos you take can be uploaded via Bluetooth, infra red or via datacable. The camera also has a mirror on the front so you can take self portraits easily, however this mirror can get scratched.

In conclusion the Z600 is a very good phone but its price of around ?200 (varies from place to place but its usually around this mark) is still quite expensive. Not many people seem to own one of these phones so if you want something a bit different this is your phone. The charger problem is a big annoyance but nothing too major. Overall a good phone 8/10

Additional Images

Edited by Mattgduk

i like my t630 better than this phone.

but that's imo

i have three friends who have z600 and they are satisfied with it,

the only problem though is that gprs have broke on all the phones :s

Had this phone since December 2003 and i must say it's the best phone ive ever had. The infrared works like a dream and the bluetooth is the same. The camera quality is good along with the screen. Polytones are good quality too, the only downside to the phone is the thickness but it's not too much of a let down.

nice but i think 7610 is cooler

you're not comparing apples with apples. 7610 is a candybar type phone while Z600 is a flip phone (clam shell or whatever you want to call it).

for a flip phone category, i give Z600 the thumbs up(Y)Y)

Hmm.. maybe i'll buy this phone..can you post some photos taken by the phone ?

thanks. :D

i've had this phone around a month now. more than happy with it. here's some sample images i took, but i apologise since my hands are a little shaky, and they're basically all of my girlfriend. and mostly in bad lighting conditions, which it deals with in a similar fashion to most webcams- colour distortion and graininess.

they all look a lot better on the phone's screen though.

post-4-1090438128.jpg

post-4-1090438079.jpg

post-4-1090437440.jpg

post-4-1090438023.jpg

hope this satisfies your curiosity.

yea nice phone but I like my cx65 better it has 11mb of memory and the camera is 640x480 it has the same big screen too ;] not to mention its cheaper too

nice phone, looks a bit like my A1301S though .. which i've had for nearly a year now, but still wub .... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

..takes nice pics of me' gf too .... :cool: :cool:

post-104-1091933606.jpg

• 2 weeks later...