[NEOWIN] IRC

Hello,

I have launched a new irc network, which was espeically the use for Neowin and another purpose, so i have finally got round to it, and my Friend has finally got an IRC Chatnetwork up and running, linked with two servers.

This is an unoffical channel, but all us neowin users can have a chat there :happy:, and if possible could neowin provide me with a subdomain(irc.neowin.net?) and redirect it to some place, or give me hosting for it, so i can host a java chat, and if any of you want your own private chatroom, i can set you up a java chatroom just for that and guide you round it.

IRC = Internet Relay Chat.

You can download MIRC, at www.mirc.com, PM me if you need help setting it up.

When you have got MIRC, type in the box which enables you to type messages:

If you are in Europe: Type /server fr.sea-host.net -j #neowin

If you are in the US/Elsewhere: Type /server us.sea-host.net -j #neowin

And, if you have any problems using the IRC, pm me.

And PM me, if you would like me to guide you on how to set your own channel up, and a java chatroom, free of charge :yes:

Admins/Moderators can be +o=operator, just notify me on the chatroom.

Hope you enjoy chatting, and hope to be seeing you there very soon!

Regards,

Calum

Hmmm, interesting...you block me from the room for no reason...

No, it was a ban for the past.

And back on topic :D

Update: PM me if you want a hosted java chatroom, and a channel service bot aka L in your channel ;)

Edited by Calum Wood

No, it was a ban for the past.

And back on topic :D

What topic? this stupid UNNOFICIAL IRC channel...which nobody really wants to use as whats the point of having such a big forum and a smaller IRC Channel...anyway ban for the past...yeah great go and tell it to somebody who cares...

this ... IRC channel...which nobody really wants to use as whats the point of having such a big forum and a smaller IRC Channel...

Exactly. The forums here are near-live enough for me.

Exactly, and how much can one n00b suck up to the admins/smods/mods in his main post. And the forums are here to stay, your IRC channel is not...discussions happen on this forum...where they will stay!

Exactly, and how much can one n00b suck up to the admins/smods/mods in his main post. And the forums are here to stay, your IRC channel is not...discussions happen on this forum...where they will stay!

Agreed.

Good point. Never thought about it like that. ;)

I always think of it from the good point of view and the easiest point of view...dont visit the IRC and have a variety of chats/disscusions on this forum...

I didn't force you to join :huh:

I didn't force you to join  :huh:

I didnt give you any reason to block me :blink:

I tried to something for neowin wacko.gif

Isnt it meant to be

"I tried to do something for neowin"

??