MS Plus! for WinXP

altezza

I think that MS Plus! for WinXP is waste of money and slows computer performance. Even I have not tried Plus for WinXP yet, I just had it enough because the previous versions of Plus for Win95 & 98 have made my computer performance slower :disappoin

WinXP alone already have very nice wallpapers and three colour schemes. More than adequate for me :D

DjmUK

I realise you are a newbie here - cool.

With this topic it has already been discussed, try running a search for winxp plus or something to that affect and join in that thread. Maybe all your answers are lying right there waiting for you :rambo:

configure
slows computer performance.
Those nice lil sounds, and all those effect did this. :)
Even I have not tried Plus for WinXP yet
I think you should not conclude it and not recomend it to other users unless you've personally tried it out. :ermm:
WinXP alone already have very nice wallpapers and three colour schemes.
You can get more than that on XP Plus. ;)

Same as you, I wouldn't install MS XP Plus cuz I like to keep things as simple as possible :D

Rudy

Well Plus! XP would be worth it if they would include a whole bunch of skins and stuff, but no they decided to include some crappy wmp8 skins and a nice picture for u wallpaper so "when" u use ur wmp8 u have the same theme ooooohhhh isn't that just awesome???...oh i forgot bout the nice lil icon for the recycle bin.....kinda look dumb cuz "my computer" and "my network places"'s icons are still the same!!

MS miss the biggest chance to make LOTS of money, if they would have included like 20-50 NEW skins for XP, i would have been the first one to buy it......

btw dont tell me to use Windows blind XP cuz it SUX, it would be good if it would change the start panel too but as soon as u enable it, it put the start panel witht the classic theme :(

configure

Yes, I agree with you. If they include like 10-20 theme on both Classic and XP mode, that would've been nice :p

By the way, as for WindowsBlind, I thought the version for XP isn't FINAL yet.. Or I heard wrong? :s :D

ikyouCrow
Originally posted by Rudy

btw dont tell me to use Windows blind XP cuz it SUX, it would be good if it would change the start panel too but as soon as u enable it, it put the start panel witht the classic theme :(

man! if u people would only try ALL the skins in the WindowBlindsXP, u would see that the new skin format DOES change the taskbar and start panel. just try the skin "Apartment". even though the author only used colour variations, it does show room for completely different appearences for those objects.

just check it out. all u have to loose is time.

right?

Rudy

k ill check it out and ill give u my opinion bout it later in this post

i mean if it does work then ill be really happy and start using it cuz it would be really good

Rudy

cuz i mean even if they just changed the original with new colors, it would be exactly what i want cuz i think the start panel in classic looks sooooooo bad but in the theme mode its sweet

BillG

I?m a newbie to! Weee:DD

But i have also installed and tested Plus! for XP and i think it?s cool! Nice themes (space is my favorite!) And awesome 3d plugins

for mediaplayer. Hell.... even the bowling and labyrinth game was

fun:):) No problems installing or running it!

/BillG

Rudy

nerv66i: do u have a link to that skin ?? cuz i can't find it

thanx

ikyouCrow
Originally posted by Rudy

nerv66i: do u have a link to that skin ?? cuz i can't find it

thanx

the apartment skin is included in WindowBlinds XP beta 6.

i didn't get it anywhere else.

nXP_151

Grrrr ! WinXP Plus is not good, only adds some features, you can download themes, screensavers and even games that the XP Plus has, the Microphone text speech engine can be downloaded from Microsoft I think....what a waste of money.

I heard there is some sort of graphic card enhancer included with it and I've heard some user telling me it's not compatible, you still want to enhance the graphic card ? simple....download powerstrip or any other tweaking tools to enhance your GC performance.

mortensen

Even if it was FREE I wouldn't get it. WinXP is fine as it is and I don't need anything else to slow it down... I leave installing games to do that. :p

PabUK

Too right!

I wish there were more themes though, or a way to modify them included with XP.

nXP_151

Yeah I know....such as waste of money.

altezza

Another "money-sucker" way by M$ to generate more $$$

They should bring price down on all M$ products. Anyway, I already Plus! for free :D :D :D

nXP_151

They can't do that Bro, I mean if they do that, only decreases a little, not much.

This is because Bill Gates wants more money to make his big ass home to even more bigger and to re-new Microsoft software to a spyware.

Cracker, hacker...you've got my full support.

ikyouCrow
Originally posted by nathan_151

They can't do that Bro, I mean if they do that, only decreases a little, not much.

This is because Bill Gates wants more money to make his big ass home to even more bigger and to re-new Microsoft software to a spyware.

Cracker, hacker...you've got my full support.

if u can find me a program that will let me compile .DLLs, i can provide u with new Luna-based visual styles.

i know a guy with three in the works:

LunaClassic - based on the old Windows colour scheme (the whole blue and silver thing)

LunaBlack (or what i like to call LunaDeath) - a desaturated blue Luna colour scheme

LunaLilac - a really scary looking purple thing.

all of them are just colour changes, not outright new themes.

i've been buggin him to make some screenies to post but he's bein such a ###### about it. :lol:

i'll just hack him and do it myself. :evil: :D :evil:

and most surprising of all, he's usin an ancient Photoshop. not all the buttons get themed.

e-mail him with a link to version 6. please. :lol:

mventour@hotmail.com

PabUK

I would like to see that because so far nobody has been able to prove that they can do it.

nXP_151
Originally posted by nerv66i

if u can find me a program that will let me compile .DLLs, i can provide u with new Luna-based visual styles.

i know a guy with three in the works:

LunaClassic - based on the old Windows colour scheme (the whole blue and silver thing)

LunaBlack (or what i like to call LunaDeath) - a desaturated blue Luna colour scheme

LunaLilac - a really scary looking purple thing.

all of them are just colour changes, not outright new themes.

i've been buggin him to make some screenies to post but he's bein such a ###### about it. :lol:

i'll just hack him and do it myself. :evil: :D :evil:

and most surprising of all, he's usin an ancient Photoshop. not all the buttons get themed.

e-mail him with a link to version 6. please. :lol:

mventour@hotmail.com

Hey....what do you mean by that ?

PabUK

Which bit? You can't just mean all of it, re-read the post!

nXP_151

The whole part....hmmmm I really don't quite get it.

ikyouCrow

:D well he's doin manips of the already existing colour schemes for the new luna UI. he says he has it all figured out, but needs a utility to compile his bitmaps and scripts in a way that WinXP can acknowledge the new theme as a valid one.

then i say "won't u have to register with UXTHEME.DLL before u can select the new themes?"

and he says "nah. that's a reg hack. nothin much. i can package the reg entry with the theme."

and since that crap is relatively uninteresting, i say "whatever"

and then he laughs

and then i say "got any screenshots?"

and then he says "i'm not done yet"

and then i say "what does that have to do with screenshots?"

and he says "shut up"

and then i say "######"

i know that doesn't clear up a damn thing but what did u expect?

full coverage? he's as busy as i am.

nXP_151

Hmmmm I'm still confuse what it has got to do with my reply that you quote.

PabUK

I don't think it has but what does it matter?

And nerv66i, from that conversation it sounds like that person is making it up.