*Official* New iMac thread

Looks like a cinema display to me, but who knows..

Dunno but I'm starting to get excited after reading up a bit more into this. :woot:

apple3.jpg

Courtesy of AppleInsider, thread here.

[iMac Update]: Apple Removes iMac Spy Pictures

Apple has apparently removed the iMac spy pictures from a .mac website, reported at MacBidouille and IGM this morning. A page appears at the address stating that the user is not known.

However, MacBidouille still has two pictures at their site, which were reportedly taken in an elevator at Apple Expo, Paris. Although their authenticity has not been verified, they appear to conform broadly with rumors of the forthcoming iMac G5's appearance.

Analysis: They look pretty real, due mostly to the lack of detail. An enterprising Photoshopper would have surely done something far more elaborate. The disappearance of the .mac site is a mystery, but points to the heavy hand of Apple. Lucky for them it was on one of their own servers.

Source

What do you all think now ? :rolleyes:

Hm. Looks like a laptop design, sorta. Almost a Tablet PC or something.

I really am not sure how I feel about that design. Hrm... I still like the eMac though. :p

I don't know what that is, but I know it's not a cinema display. On the cinemas, the Apple logo is at the bottom, not the top like shown in the photos above, but if this is an iMac G5, it's not as sexy as its bigger brothers.

Yeah, if that is infact the new iMac... I'd rather by the last revision iMac over this.

So you judge products by looks? What about performance? Features? Functionality?

I'd pick an iMac G5 over an iMac G4 any day.

Yeah, if that is infact the new iMac... I'd rather by the last revision iMac over this.

i'd never buy older generation stuff when new and better stuff comes out.

So you judge products by looks? What about performance? Features? Functionality?

I'd pick an iMac G5 over an iMac G4 any day.

Obviously looks...otherwise who would buy a Mac in the first place?

,Aug 29 2004, 22:25] I don't really like the new look...

But hey, now I can pick myself up a cheap iMac G4. :D

How cane you say you don't like the new look :sleep: :wacko: If you don't have see it yet. :laugh: Are do you know something more thene us ? I don't think so :)

,Aug 29 2004, 17:25] I don't really like the new look...

If you were talking about those ones in a black box that looked like a LCD monitor...

...that's because it was a fake. 20" LaCie LCD inside a 15" PowerBook box. The guy told us all, had a big laugh over it :laugh:

Yeah i know. :p Just speculating though...

nothing wrong in speculating, heck we've just 7 hours left. :shifty:

come on people, bring on all the concept art out before the its unvieled. :happy:

i wonder when Apple will start selling the new iMacs. If they had introduced 'em a couple of months earlier, they would have made a ton of money during the back-to-school season. Bad timing...

i wonder when Apple will start selling the new iMacs. If they had introduced 'em a couple of months earlier, they would have made a ton of money during the back-to-school season. Bad timing...

who cares. think christmas.

i'm guessing they've learnt their lesson from the ipod mini/powerbook g4 launch's and will prob be on sale as soon as they're announced and shipping within 2weeks. ... i'm guessing :s

who cares. think christmas.

College students make up quite a percentage of Mac users so if I were Jobs I wouldn't wanna miss that. But then again, if I were Jobs, I'd be doing a lot of things with all that money he has... ;)