Dumb webhost

where I hosted my site, I get unlimited bandwidth and space. so when I usually ftp to website my ftp address looks like this: /home/www.mydomain.com/. today when I was brosing at through ftp I clicked on /home/ and I could see almost 15 other websites hosted at the same /home/ directory and I could go to those websites root. I could wipeout all those sites butsince I am nice guy and nobody did nothing to my site ( around 2 yrs) so I just logged out. but its a major security risk since someone could wipeout my directory.

there is a big difference between being able to list/read the files and delete the files ;)

my isps webhost allows me to list all the other sub folders

and that is a LOT!

i can just look at the folders and file sizes, not whats in them

wow what a poor host. Not only does he offer what he can't give (there's no such thing as unlimited webspace or bandwidth) but he lets clients access other clients FTP. Also chances are if you can see other peoples webspace they can see yours too...

I dont want to change my host because it never complained about space and bandwidth, my website have almost 2500 songs ( .rm format) and few music vids and monthley I get almost 20000 visitor so thats a lot of bandwidth.

Just like my school. With a student account, I once moved a major program everyone uses on a daily basis to a different folder on the server by accident. :whistle:

I think you should email the host about this. If you can access other peoples ftp, they can access yours too. :shifty: