Computer Doesn't Remember Settings

Question

I am having some difficulties. I use tweakXP to set autologin so that i don't have to press enter when my machine boots up.. and it never does, even though i set it after every reboot. Also, my mouse wheel sets itself to scroll one screen at a time on start up as opposed to 10 lines, also which i specify everytime i reboot. This is really annoying, and idea how to fix this?

9 answers to this question

I have a somewhat related problem that I asked about the other day. I haven't found any information on what causes the problem or how to fix it and no one on Neowin seems to have any idea either lol

Your cell lead battery in your PC is probably dieing out. This cell lead battery is the little white oval battery on your motherboard which contains your system settings and time. When your system starts to forget settings, that is a warning the battery is dieing and you need another one.

Be careful, this battery needs to be disposed accodingly since it contains materials bad for the environment. Contact a local store such as CompUsa or your PC vendor if you have one to take care of it.

it could not be the battery since that one is for your cmos setting (memory timing, FSB setting, clock & date) not related to your operating system.

you can change those settings you mentioned using tweakUI powertoy from microsoft. if it still doesn't remember, there must be something that is preventing you to write to registry.

Well the taskbar not remembering the settings I have for it on every reboot is quite annoying, but I haven't found any registry keys that I can modify to fix the problem, or TweakUI for that matter.

There must be a setting that keeps your settings for the current session but resets to default settings on next reboot. I remembered reading about it somewhere but I forgotten. Sorry. :/

Edited by winxptwker