[NBA] Crawford headed to New York

Knicks get: Jamal Crawford, Jerome Williams

Bulls get: Frank Williams, Dikembe Mutumbo, Othella Harrington and Cezary Trybanski

Seems like the Bulls get the better deal IMHO.

Source: ESPN

Link

Knicks get: Jamal Crawford, Jerome Williams

Bulls get: Frank Williams, Dikembe Mutumbo, Othella Harrington and Cezary Trybanski

Seems like the Bulls get the better deal IMHO.

Source: ESPN

Link

Awesome!

Okay, I think I am the one and only Knicks fan here on Neowin (easily watched over 60 regular season games this season), so with that being said, I do not think the Bulls even came close to getting the better deal on this trade like everyone has said... I think both teams got what they were looking for and neither came out better than the other... Sure the bulls got 4 players for 2, but when you look at those players...

? Frank Williams - out of the 4, the one I am not crazy about leaving. Damn good, solid Point Guard who has a bright future. But still his immediate playing time was limited to none being Marbury's reserve.

? Mutombo - Yes he is Mutombo, finger waiving and all, but he is Old, and only getting older. With the rumors and likelihood Dampier will be a Knick, no need for Mutombo.

? Harrington - A good all around player, soft touch for Big Man, Still barely saw any playing time as a Knick, and Kurt Thomas is the favored Knick in this position, for good reason. Also the Knicks were overloaded in this position: Nazr Mohammed showed lots of promise last season, and people are also forgetting (at least for now unless he is traded) about Tim Thomas.

? Cezary Trybanski - WHO??? Never saw him play as a Knick so I wont miss him not being a Knick.

So although there were 4 players involved, the Knicks got Crawford whose average points per game equals all 4 of those players traded. And the players traded by the Knicks were not getting much playing time, if none at all, with the exception of Mutumbo, so this is actually a good trade for both teams when all is said and done.

This deal was more about getting rid of players. Chicago doesn't really want Crawford, he doesn't shoot well, he doesn't really play team ball. I wonder how he'll fit with the Knicks