MSN Messenger Concept

Question

Greetings,

Anyway I just like to share my concept art to Neowin Community. As some of you might know from the other thread "Behold MSN Messenger 7", Max posted my site - www.msn-concept.tk which included a blurry photo of MSN Messenger "Concept".

I am the Lead and admin of MSN-Concept! Anyway, I'm looking for graphic designers and people have ideas for the concept of MSN Messenger. We're also looking for people have close contats and ties with anyone who is contact with the MSN team. :p

2.jpg

If you got any comments or suggestions please post them here :blush:

MSN Messenger Concept

Thanks I'll be happy to hear your response!

*I hope this isn't a crime on Neowin :cry: :ninja: *

wow that looks really nice...

only suggestion if it could use the xp theme colours that ur using... like windows messenger i dont think msn messenger does that...

i really like the conversation window on this.. i guess my only problem i might have with it is the display of your own display picture.. i never saw the reason for this in msn to start off with as you dont need to be reminded of what picture your using all the time tis for others to see. and i think without your own display picture there it could make things neater.. just my thoughts. really glad you got the other users display picture in that position. great stuff.

Its all well and good, dont get me wrong, i love the design!! its very nice, but i'd really like to see something unique and brand spanking new, rather then just a better looking gui. Anyone else agree with me on this??

Its all well and good, dont get me wrong, i love the design!! its very nice, but i'd really like to see something unique and brand spanking new, rather then just a better looking gui. Anyone else agree with me on this??

Yeah i really agree with that, I'd rather see MSN re-invented then updated.

are these designed interfaces already, or merely photoshop mockups? i find it amusing everyones crying for a beta date when there isn't even a single line of code written...

Oooo silencer, xero, care to enlighten us???

cant u make it like windows messenger, where u can go "use windows colour scheme" and it would change all the colours of msn to make it look like the rest of ur desktop theme

Definitely. I totally love what is going on right now, but I liked the original MSN Messenger Concept design. (With the brushed metal.) It was more of the "unique and brand spanking new" that we're talkin' about here. I would've liked to see Silencer and Xero working off of that one but still keeping it similar to that design. Personally, I was hoping to see more of that design taking place... were there any plans of working on the brushed metal?

As to your comment, [beta code], we're still in the early stages :p As for Microsoft, they know about it :p

Anyway, I just woke up now a few mintues ago and I was pleased to find new screenshots done by our CO-LEADER, Xero, Steve. He's been working hard!

We need to work out on the message window... Some of you are stated in one of their replies saying that it's "too big" well, we're working on it :)

Thanks for all your replies! :D

:p :p :p + 1 :p Hehehehe. j/k

"We" - are you a microsoft employee, just wondering. I want to be on the beta. :happy:

I agree about the previous statement that the 'Slate' theme looked awsome. I really hope this project staets to get coded soon cause this is one project that I would donate too if it came time to. I could possibly provide mirrors easily for you guys as soon as a beta comes out.

And Xero, which feature from ICQ are you talking about? The custom away message thingy? I never used ICQ that much so I'm kind of lost.

Anyways, good luck on getting this started. If worse comes to worse and you are short of developers (Note: look back in the thread, someone volenteered I think) I can start helping code by December when I get my new laptop for school. But until then I am low on resources for coding.

Apon writing this post I just realised something. For my course, I am required to do a 'project'. So if worst comes to ABSOLUTE worst and you can't find ANY coders, I can do this project as my project for school. Not only will it get me a good grade but it would almost guarentee this being done. But don't count on me yet to start working. I need my new laptop with all the software before I can start coding. So lets get some developers and start messing around with this project.

I have to agree, it would be great to have the choice of the skin we see in the screenshoot, and the first one we have seen, the first one was also great.

The skins is a very doubt ful idea. The idea for the desktop theme taking the colours of the Messenger is risky, because it would be hard to capture the good look. As for the old look of slate. The titlebars ect are part of the theme being used, they will change depending whats being used.

kohmcradu, are you talking about the first screenshot I did :blush: the first post?

Yeah! (Brushed metal/slate... some difference.) I liked that one. It matched my iTunes! :p

Lovely, guys. Lovely. If you need a hand with artwork, im very capable too. However, it doesnt look like you need help ;) 'Tis a nice bunch of well-crafted pixel-tastic artwork.

For the chat window - an idea ive always wanted, is ..well, in the current MSN Messenger, on the right hand side of the chat window, in the space between yours and their display picture, it would be great to have a "Downloads" section, so you can track multiple downloads without having to scroll up - cos that is MEGA annoying.

So yeah, thats my input of ideas - add a little section to track downloads, with nice simple progress bars. Done effectively, it can look very tidy, and also prove to be very efficient.

Don't ever give up. Ever. There's guys at Redmond getting paid stupid amounts for their feable attempt at an interface design. You're pretty much peeing all over their faces.

yes a download status somewhere in the chat window would be nice (only visible when downloads are in progress)

i really wish i could help out with this project guys.. i hope it becomes a reality otherwise there are a lot of us who have been teased terribly, lol. please people if you have friends who are talented coders and they dont have much to do... please forward them to this msn concept. they can be heros to us all, lol.

nuggetman if you actually read the thread you would see that was stated a number of times. many people asking that quesion and silencer and xero keep answering it :)