XP SP2 BUG's

i would, but having read through there doesn't seem to be any really major issues here. The problems seem to be arising when people slip stream the install; perhaps trying it without might help. Asides from that, people are bound to have a few minor quirks- wait for software updates which will be out in the next few weeks. The internet issues if any will all be to do with the new firewall software= i'd look at the documentation on the MS website if you want to change bits of it.

Apparently Dr. DivX has some issues with SP2 causing explorer crash. (excluding DivX CODEC itself -also XviD, AC3 CODEC do NOT have any issues)

It may be related with Software NX so adding it to exclusion list may resolve the issue (not tried yet).

Also Sygate Firewall can't be recognized by Security Center but this is a minor glitch that doesn't have any side effects.

Other than everything seems OK for now.

ive got daemon tools installed and sp2 installed fine :)

Hmm, weird, guess I'll give it another go :D

Edit, ooo, I was using a skanky old 333 which was on my iPod, may have been why...

Yar, 3.46 works fine :)

i've uninstalled it just to ensure that there isn't going to be any trouble= some people are having issues with isapi related programs... alcohol 120, nero, daemon tools etc.

well i dont have security center prob cos i have disabled the service. although i did not exp a reboot upon double clicking on security center icon.

dint have atapi.sys prob either cos i din install daemon-tools or Alcohol

well the explorer.exe it aint memory hoggin cos of nvidia i can confirm tat i uninstalled its cos of dr.divx and divx5 i uninstalled it and it works fine.

nero6 works fine after i disabled the imapi cd burning service.

I dnt use fckin symantec stuffs so dont know abt tat.

firewall sometimes aint turned on when comp restarts.i can browse myconnections no probs with tat.

Boot is fine it aint slow.

Just like to add the bug i mentioned earlier (rigth click bug = no options) effects all the static icons in the start menu, the bug occured after i changed some of the start menu settings. Anyway i can force these back to default (reg hack) to see if it resolves the problem?

mohan_168,

Ive reinstalled again and didnt get the security center problem, might have been caused by the beta catalyst drivers i was using, i havnt tried instaling them again, running on the default MS ones.

As to ther problem peeps mention im not having them, daemon tools, nero all work fine, win amp works fine, havnt tried divx stuff. One thing i do know the XP firewall dont block GRC.com's 'leak test' app from contatcting home when used to test firewall. Can someone else give this a try, please.

mong

my only problem is its so SLOW starting up now. I have 2 users on my PC, it loads to the user selection screen fine, but when i press my account, it takes literally 45 seconds ish to load the desktop. (This is the same after several reboots)

That just aint right!

can't install my lexmark printer (all in one, x1150) software. it unzips, and exits the setup.exe program. won't run in safe mode either.

clean install, used the built in switch to integrate into original cd.

my only problem is its so SLOW starting up now. I have 2 users on my PC, it loads to the user selection screen fine, but when i press my account, it takes literally 45 seconds ish to load the desktop. (This is the same after several reboots)

That just aint right!

Did you Slipstream or do a normal upgrade on top an existing installation?

Slipstream works ok for me. No problems so far but the only thing that disturb me is 3DMark2001 (patched to 330). Looks like it has some sort of incompatibility with SP2 (PFC error?). 3DMark2003, Aquamark, etc works perfectly anyway.

After customizing the start menu properties, i no longer have the option to right click. Right-clicking does nada, just diassapeared, must be some reg entry needs hacking to get it working again. Anyone got any ideas?

:rolleyes:

:crazy: I have the same problem. When I try to right click on the desktop ( you know, how it usually brings up the menu with Properties, the new menu, refresh, etc... ) well, it brings up the right click menu for most recently selected file. Even if I right click on a blank part of the desktop, and then right click, it still brings up the menu for the folder / file. This sucks. I can't change :no: my back ground :crazy: :crazy:

Edit:

Apparently it happens when I try to copy video files from my NEC DVD burner to a folder on my desktop.

Here is what I did:

ctrl+a all the files on the dvd, ctrl+c, ( copy ) then go to the desktop and right click on the folder they are to be copied in, and press paste. Now, try to right click on the desktop... does this bug reoccur for anyone else?

Edit 2: apparently it stops after the files get finished copying.... :huh:

Edited by Zirus1701

I can't right-click .EXE files, leads to crash explorer.exe. And when I press Play All is also leads to crash explorer.exe :crazy:

FIXED: Dr. Divx was the culprit. Once uninstalled, everything now works fine. :happy: