Do you use ClearType with a CRT monitor?

quick question, there are two types of crts? flat and regular right?

Yes, you can either get a flat CRT or a convex one. Both take up loads of desk space.

thanks

yep i have turned on, it makes everything easyer on the eye to read, i don't even need my reading glasses with it

I agree....but I still need my glass..... :laugh: ..it's good...

I hope they improve the font smoothing for Longhorn, as the color distortions are sometimes quite evident with ClearType. Otherwise it's quite good, I always use it on my CRT.

didn't like it on CRT never looked good, didnt look good on my XGA 15" laptop either, but now have a 1280x1024 res screen and it looks great on it, definatly something that looks best on high res screens

I use it on LCD screens, the ones it was designed and meant for and it looks great. On any CRT that doesnt totally blow the rgb subpixels are so much smaller than the actual pixels at most resolutions that you just get multicolored artifacts around the text, so no, i dont use it. It only works when the subpixels are about 1/3 of the actual pixel. This occurs when you run a LCD (a fixed pixel display) at it's native resolution or when you run your CRT at or near is max resolution, thats why there is option to use "standard." I hate to break it to you but for the people who are using CT at 800x600 or 1024x768, you are probably actually REDUCING the text quality byadding blurry multicolored halos. As for having CT forced on in Longhorn, it seems likely that text antialiasing will be always turned on in Longhorn, CT will most likely still be optional for the reasons given above.