Need Logo for New Site

Question

I am looking for someone to create a new logo for a web site that I will be creating in the near future. The site is called "WinHangar" (basically meaning a place to hang out for Windows' fans). The location of this site will be "http://www.winhangar.com". Don't bother going there yet for as there is nothing there. :)

This web site we will be feature news, forums, and etc. I may also be offering hosting and e-mail in the future.

I am looking for a logo that can be described in two words:

cool and wicked

In otherwords, when you see the logo, I want the user to :woot: *grin*

I would like a logo that has cool colors and a nice font for any text. The logo should be some type of image that we can use next to names/tables and on business cards (if I ever make any). Since the logo will be created first, the theme of the web site will be created based on the logo (and I will be asking someone here to do a theme in the near future).

This logo does not have to be business professional. I would like the logo to be more eye catching than looking professional (if that makes any sense).

I will give two weeks for all submissions. Please post all submissions to this thread. If after the two weeks, I find a submission that I like, that individual will receive the following:

1) $30.00 US funds via PayPal

2) Once the site is completed, you will receive recongization for your work at the bottom of the site with a link to any web site you may currently have (i.e. Logo created by John Doe).

3) If interested, you can become a Moderator on the site when the site launches.

Please note that the rights of the logo becomes ownership of WinHangar.com once the winner has received payment.

Good luck to all!

221 answers to this question

andy - that looks beautiful (Y). however im worried about the similarities to the office 2003 logo :(.

just my two cents

:blush: thanks. and well, i had to spark an idea from somewhere

im bored, i think ill give it another try. see if i can get my creative juices flowing...

Once again you guys are impressing me. We got some great talent here at Neowin.

I'll be posting an update within a few hours of the logos that are currently in the final round.

Also, there is an official deadline now set. The deadline for all logo submissions is Thursday, August 18th at 12:00 AM midnight Eastern Standard Time. After the deadline, I will be requesting that this thread be closed and a new thread will start with the submissions for the final round.

This is how the final round will work. I will post all of the final round logos in a new thread. All users on Neowin will have a choice to vote for the best logo. The voting will take place from Friday, August 19th at 12:00 AM midnight EST until Monday, August 22nd at 12:00 AM midnight EST. The logo with the most votes will win. :) I decided to do this by voting for as it's the opinion of everyone out there that really counts.

I'll be back with an update later on tonight. :) Cheers!

Cool, but I made that too.

I know you made it... but it's weird that you would publicly release a wallpaper on this board and then make a paid logo for someone using the exact same image ;) kind of a cheap-ass way to do it, if you ask me (N)

:blush: thanks. and well, i had to spark an idea from somewhere

im bored, i think ill give it another try. see if i can get my creative juices flowing...

Andy, I liked the logo. Resembling Office 2003 may be a problem as mentioned about though. Also, if you redo this theme, can you make the colors a bit more vibrant? Something that will stand out a bit would be cool. :)

Me: I'm making a logo for a computer company. I think I'll put a computer on it!

Crowd: Noo, booo, hisss, that's unoriginal!

Me: Whatever.

I'm bitter today.

post-31-1092274456.png

Okay guys... here is the current list of logos in the final round so far. These logos are in no particular order:

#1 - Bluetooth's Logo (Posted on Aug 10, 2004 - 07:17)

#2 - .will's Logo (Posted on Aug 11, 2004 - 05:18)

#3 - Legion's Logo (Posted on Aug 11, 2004 - 21:42)

#4 - .will's Logo (Posted on Aug 9, 2004 - 23:57)

These logos are attached to this post for your viewing pleasure.

Please remember that this competition is FAR from over. The deadline for submissions is Thursday, August 19th at 12:00 am EST. I would like to thank EVERYONE who has submitted a logo so far. There are a lot of very talented people out there in Neoland. :) Keep up the great work! If you guys keep posting these amazing logos, I may have to raise the prize money. :woot:

post-31-1092275319.jpg

Okay guys... here is the current list of logos in the final round so far. These logos are in no particular order:

#1 - Bluetooth's Logo (Posted on Aug 10, 2004 - 07:17)

#2 - .will's Logo (Posted on Aug 11, 2004 - 05:18)

#3 - Legion's Logo (Posted on Aug 11, 2004 - 21:42)

#4 - .will's Logo (Posted on Aug 9, 2004 - 23:57)

These logos are attached to this post for your viewing pleasure.

Please remember that this competition is FAR from over. The deadline for submissions is Thursday, August 19th at 12:00 am EST. I would like to thank EVERYONE who has submitted a logo so far. There are a lot of very talented people out there in Neoland. :) Keep up the great work! If you guys keep posting these amazing logos, I may have to raise the prize money. :woot:

did you see mine? you just never ever mentioned them, thought u might have missed them.

I know you made it... but it's weird that you would publicly release a wallpaper on this board and then make a paid logo for someone using the exact same image ;) kind of a cheap-ass way to do it, if you ask me (N)

LOL You obviously think I'm a amature. I didnt 'publicly' release that wallpaper, i was bored and created something. Apprently someone requested it to be a wallpaper, there you go. It wasnt meant to be a wallpaper, it was a creation of mine 5 hours before I used it as a logo. So if I were you, hush little one. :sleep: