Need Logo for New Site

Question

Pookster

I am looking for someone to create a new logo for a web site that I will be creating in the near future. The site is called "WinHangar" (basically meaning a place to hang out for Windows' fans). The location of this site will be "http://www.winhangar.com". Don't bother going there yet for as there is nothing there. :)

This web site we will be feature news, forums, and etc. I may also be offering hosting and e-mail in the future.

I am looking for a logo that can be described in two words:

cool and wicked

In otherwords, when you see the logo, I want the user to :woot: *grin*

I would like a logo that has cool colors and a nice font for any text. The logo should be some type of image that we can use next to names/tables and on business cards (if I ever make any). Since the logo will be created first, the theme of the web site will be created based on the logo (and I will be asking someone here to do a theme in the near future).

This logo does not have to be business professional. I would like the logo to be more eye catching than looking professional (if that makes any sense).

I will give two weeks for all submissions. Please post all submissions to this thread. If after the two weeks, I find a submission that I like, that individual will receive the following:

1) $30.00 US funds via PayPal

2) Once the site is completed, you will receive recongization for your work at the bottom of the site with a link to any web site you may currently have (i.e. Logo created by John Doe).

3) If interested, you can become a Moderator on the site when the site launches.

Please note that the rights of the logo becomes ownership of WinHangar.com once the winner has received payment.

Good luck to all!

tktino

ya...its ok. i have other ones... but my logo's are free.

Mokano
above one fixed as well.

This one makes me drool..... :woot:

Pookster
another variant of mine, prob my fav of mine. damn spelling on all my logos!!! arg, ill fix this one asap.

Spykes424, can you redo this logo with a white background? One thing about my new site is that it will feature a light background.... so this logo in white would rock and would make the finals. :)

post-31-1092343998.jpg

Pookster
More...

Relativity_17, this logo just got you in the final round. Congrats! :)

post-31-1092345298.png

Pookster
can't edit the above post, so i'll post here

redone #2 to include brighter colours

Spex04, your logo below just made the final round. Congrats! :)

post-31-1092344852.png

Pookster
this just might be my personal favorite of the ones ive made

.will, the logo below is great. The only problem I have with it is the "WinHangar" text below the logo. It seems very hard to read. Is it possible that the text can be changed to be more visible? If this can be done, this logo will be added to the final round. :)

post-31-1092279901.png

Pookster

UPDATE: I will be posting an update to logos in the final round tomorrow night (Friday night EST). Everyone is still doing a kick ass job. :) More entires in the finals will be officially posted in the new update tomorrow night.

Thanks all!!!

Pookster

Sorry for all the posts! But since everyone is working so hard, I've decided to up the prize money from $30.00 to $35.00. I know it's not a big jump but I hope it helps a bit. :) So the prize money is now set at $35.00.

Thanks again guys!

Pookster
here ya go

Damn your fast .will! :) Logo is in the finals man! :)

post-31-1092361492.jpg

linked
:whistle: :rofl:

Hahhaa, that made me laugh quite heartily :)

I like it.

giga

I still dont see why you cant use the win logo. look at this site: m s f n . org

.will
I still dont see why you cant use the win logo. look at this site: m s f n . org

youre just asking for trouble. its like lindows. if you're at all similar you *COULD* be subject to a lawsuit. i mean look at mikerowesoft.com - the kid's name is mike rowe. he got taken down. the logo is trademarked.

zhangm

Redid the H. The last version's was a bit smaller than the W. Damn fonts...

post-31-1092367627.png

Draw a goat

My turn!

winh1.png

winh3.png

without the wings

winh4.png

hope u enjoy these ones. Pretty much anything can be changed if you don't like the cloro order or font or whatever.

spex04

seeing as you liked #2, i made it without the black borders, and with coloured ones instead

post-31-1092415200.png

Pookster

Time for a new update in regards to the final round. Attached below are the entries that are in the final round. Please remember that submissions close as of this Thursday at 12:00 am EST.

Once again, I want to thank everyone for their posts. It's amazing how everyone is contributing. If you didn't make the final round so far, please don't give up. Also, please don't think your logo sucks if you weren't chosen. Remember, the choice is based on a logo that would best fit the site I am trying to design.

Another update will be made once more posts have been submitted. :) Thanks again!

P.S. I really can't wait for the voting to begin for these logos. I think we're in for quite a battle. :)

post-31-1092456761.jpg

spex04

another slight variation of mine.

old:

post-31-1092415200.png

new:

post-31-1092492951.png

Payton
Time for a new update in regards to the final round. Attached below are the entries that are in the final round. Please remember that submissions close as of this Thursday at 12:00 am EST.

Once again, I want to thank everyone for their posts. It's amazing how everyone is contributing. If you didn't make the final round so far, please don't give up. Also, please don't think your logo sucks if you weren't chosen. Remember, the choice is based on a logo that would best fit the site I am trying to design.

Another update will be made once more posts have been submitted. :) Thanks again!

P.S. I really can't wait for the voting to begin for these logos. I think we're in for quite a battle. :)

#7 is spelled wrong :huh: