Need Logo for New Site

Question

I am looking for someone to create a new logo for a web site that I will be creating in the near future. The site is called "WinHangar" (basically meaning a place to hang out for Windows' fans). The location of this site will be "http://www.winhangar.com". Don't bother going there yet for as there is nothing there. :)

This web site we will be feature news, forums, and etc. I may also be offering hosting and e-mail in the future.

I am looking for a logo that can be described in two words:

cool and wicked

In otherwords, when you see the logo, I want the user to :woot: *grin*

I would like a logo that has cool colors and a nice font for any text. The logo should be some type of image that we can use next to names/tables and on business cards (if I ever make any). Since the logo will be created first, the theme of the web site will be created based on the logo (and I will be asking someone here to do a theme in the near future).

This logo does not have to be business professional. I would like the logo to be more eye catching than looking professional (if that makes any sense).

I will give two weeks for all submissions. Please post all submissions to this thread. If after the two weeks, I find a submission that I like, that individual will receive the following:

1) $30.00 US funds via PayPal

2) Once the site is completed, you will receive recongization for your work at the bottom of the site with a link to any web site you may currently have (i.e. Logo created by John Doe).

3) If interested, you can become a Moderator on the site when the site launches.

Please note that the rights of the logo becomes ownership of WinHangar.com once the winner has received payment.

Good luck to all!

in my opinion #7&8 would be much better if they were horizontal. this would not be that hard. all that is needed to be done is to move the wording to the side of the design.

in my opinion #7&8 would be much better if they were horizontal. this would not be that hard. all that is needed to be done is to move the wording to the side of the design.

I agree. Especially #7, it just takes up too much space if you want the text+logo graphic one on top of the other. I guess if the logo graphic wasnt so large it wouldnt be a problem

:)

this is what i am talking about.

i give full credit to Spykes424. i am not using his work for a submission but just to let people know what i think. you made a sweet logo Spykes424 its awsome i just think that you should make it horizontal like i did.

i also fixed the small spelling error.

post-31-1092540316.gif

this is what i am talking about.

i give full credit to Spykes424. i am not using his work for a submission but just to let people know what i think. you made a sweet logo Spykes424 its awsome i just think that you should make it horizontal like i did.

i also fixed the small spelling error.

eh, i tried that i dont like how it looks, but if he wants that, or just for banners, etc., then ill do it. here is fixed logo.

post-31-1092588012.jpg

a version of one of my other logos - horizontally aligned

that looks pretty good, one of my favorites. Except the colors of greens don't match very well. Try messing with the colors a bit maybe? :)

Ahhh yesss.... we are close to the end of this competition. Entries close on Thursday at 12:00 midnight EST. After that, the final round begins. :)

This is how the final round will "officially" work.

I will create a new thread starting Friday at 12:00 midnight EST. This thread will be a voting thread and will include all of the logos that have made it into the final round. Everyone here at Neowin will have a chance to vote for the best logo. The voting will last until Wednesday at 12:00 midnight EST. At that point, a screenshot of the votes will be taken (as proof of the final results) and the voting thread will be closed by a Neowin mod.

During the voting process, this thread will remain open for any discussions in regards to the voting process. There will be no posting in the voting thread. All you will be able to do is cast you vote in the voting thread.

I was worried a bit about people who may cheat (use multiple Neowin accounts, etc.), but if you are going to cheat over a logo competition, then you simply have no life. :blink:

Now, once the votes have been calculated, I will announce the winner here in this thread. Now, I could have chosen the logo myself. But, I trust you guys out there to make the right decision. :D

Anyways... the clock is ticking. I wish everyone success in the finals!