Need Logo for New Site

Question

Pookster

I am looking for someone to create a new logo for a web site that I will be creating in the near future. The site is called "WinHangar" (basically meaning a place to hang out for Windows' fans). The location of this site will be "http://www.winhangar.com". Don't bother going there yet for as there is nothing there. :)

This web site we will be feature news, forums, and etc. I may also be offering hosting and e-mail in the future.

I am looking for a logo that can be described in two words:

cool and wicked

In otherwords, when you see the logo, I want the user to :woot: *grin*

I would like a logo that has cool colors and a nice font for any text. The logo should be some type of image that we can use next to names/tables and on business cards (if I ever make any). Since the logo will be created first, the theme of the web site will be created based on the logo (and I will be asking someone here to do a theme in the near future).

This logo does not have to be business professional. I would like the logo to be more eye catching than looking professional (if that makes any sense).

I will give two weeks for all submissions. Please post all submissions to this thread. If after the two weeks, I find a submission that I like, that individual will receive the following:

1) $30.00 US funds via PayPal

2) Once the site is completed, you will receive recongization for your work at the bottom of the site with a link to any web site you may currently have (i.e. Logo created by John Doe).

3) If interested, you can become a Moderator on the site when the site launches.

Please note that the rights of the logo becomes ownership of WinHangar.com once the winner has received payment.

Good luck to all!

zhangm

May the person with the most friends on Neowin win. :p

Pookster
May the person with the most friends on Neowin win. :p

Don't worry... I will still have the final say if something funny happens. :)

spex04

i had another go at it. can't edit above post so i've gotta post it here.

i don't particularly like this one myself but i thought i'd still submit it.

post-31-1092842167.png

Pookster

Submissions are now closed for this competition. The final round results will be posted in here and in the voting thread shortly.

Good luck to everyone in the finals!

Pookster

Here are the final round logos that will be going onto the voting phase of the competition. Once again, congrats to all who made it to the finals. Voting will be very soon. Please remember to keep your posts in this thread for as you will not be able to post any comments in the voting thread.

Thanks! :)

post-31-1092890975.jpg

Pookster

Here's a smaller version of the final round logos.

Enjoy!

post-31-1092891997.jpg

Draw a goat

can't choose a logo yourself? just wondering....

Pookster
can't choose a logo yourself? just wondering....

I can choose one myself.. but I prefer people's opinions since they will be the one actually viewing the logo.

zhangm

Its gonna be funny if no one gets any votes...

.will

you should have a mod re-open the thread so you can bump it. it will keep sinking to the bottom :no:.

Pookster
you should have a mod re-open the thread so you can bump it. it will keep sinking to the bottom :no:.

Done! :) Check it out! :)

.will

yeah and he apparently didnt pay the poor guy who won.

pto

It wouldn't have been as bad if he hadn't dragged the thread out into 3 Threads totaling about 20 pages of worthless garbage.

.will
It wouldn't have been as bad if he hadn't dragged the thread out into 3 Threads totaling about 20 pages of worthless garbage.

nothing would justify ripping this guy (spykes) off