Doom 3 Screensaver

hmmm... uninstalling until we get some answers about this connecting to the net issue...

im feeling that the software used to create it was some kind of free or share ware and thats what is going on, but i would still feel better knowing for sure... damn shame too i like it alot.

For the spinning section, get rid of the last frame of animation. When it loops back, it will make is smooth so it does not have that pause effect. Also, what a bout a flickering background? I would love to help in this, but I don't have Flash :(

Hello everyone i just got back online went from austin tx to dallas wensday morning around 6 for quakecon and just now got online here and have net access. the program I use is called "Flash saver maker" the first program suggested to me i couldnt get to work :( so i found this. If anyone can suggest a better program Im open to suggestions I dont run an extensive setup and the only way i found out that its getting online is from you guys. I run avg antivirus and xp sp2 firewall so i didnt even see it happen. Im not a bad person and didnt want to create a hassle for you. Its so its not me thats making it get online, I'm virus free so it has to be the software company. suggest to me better software and ill use it provided it makes a working screensaver. Untill then im going to get in some gaming here maybe another release before sunday (sun is when this is over) maybe not. Ill be around to get some ideas on other software packages. I wouldnt mind making other screensavers based off door controls. maybe one based off the access code pannels on the lockers? dont know how i could program and password protect the monitor with it so it would work but it would be cool :)

BTW is there anyway to have the logo just rotate all the way around. And NOT just rotate halfway and then rotate back?

as far as i can tell its rotation is a full 360 degrees in one direction and it is NOT moving backwards :D

I think the "Station Locked" text looks a little condensed from the top and bottom... maybe fix that up?
not sure what you want? do you want it taller?
Antivirus/firewall is asking to get online.
dont know about that one. My xp firewall doesnt have a problem with it. altho it is the xp firewall :unsure:
soooo... don't mean to be a nag... but is anyone working on a version with the newer/"proper" font ?
the "supposedly correct" font was pointed out to me by someone here. I made the font change and repacked it. if you know of a better font type the station locked out in it make it large and screenshot it for me for consideration. in the same post mention what the font is so i can download and install it.
Why is there an installer
Its just that way when i make it a screesaver with the software. Its not a single .scr file the scr runs the swf in the same dir.
and your welcome for the first link, could have at least said it was mine
Sorry about that. props to DaCoOlNeSs for the original hosting.
Awesome! Maybe a fade on the non moving fonts (only) would help with people with old monitors.
I was thinking having the text move around on the lover portion of the screen but thats better. something else came to mind to have the screen "flicker" like its broken every once in a while (think doom 3 trailers) may be a possobility.
no bugs,but why the hell he wants to connect to the net?

i want an answer.

You posted a screensaver not a trojanware i suppose,so what does he want with the net?

He tries random ports like 2126,2127,2128 etc,at my local address.

and starts a rundll.exe to whom he tells to run it as an application.and for the past five minutes it tried different ports 20 times.

now i am going to report this,so the matter is solved,since after two questions author did not seem to bother answering.

sorry man for not getting back to you. i apolagise i dont know why its connecting to the net i just used a comercial program called "flash saver maker" to make it into a screensaver. dont know why it wants net access i have nothing to do with it. either block it, dont use it, or suggest a better flash to screensaver program for me -thanks. Edited by divertom15

not sure what you want? do you want it taller?

The text in the screensaver looks like it's squished down from the top. If you look at Opio's post on page 6, the font examples do look taller, and more how like it really is in the game.

It's never asked me to connect... using the XP firewall and Outpost Pro... although I noticed that if my internet is down, the screensaver won't appear. :s

OK well ive got the original magical copy of the swf so could someone reccomend a better program to make the screensaver in?

SWiSH 2.0 does it and i believe they have a fully-functional 30-day copy

p.s. - can you check your PM's?

1. Yeah i now see that i tried i remeber now, making the font a larger size it wanted to go on 2 lines instead of one :( ill probably just used that png and put some transparency and resize it to fit. that way we have something real and we have the gradient.

2. Ill check out swish. and I have 0 new pms it seems...

sorry man for not getting back to you. i apolagise i dont know why its connecting to the net i just used a comercial program called "flash saver maker" to make it into a screensaver. dont know why it wants net access i have nothing to do with it. either block it, dont use it, or suggest a better flash to screensaver program for me -thanks.

you have a pm.

everything there. :devil:

annoyed by "connecting to internet feature",i dug oiut from some foreign sute a nice uac swf screensave based on original swf from ua-corporation site.

Zip has 260 k and an installer,when installed it copies 2 files to sys32 dir flash_swf.scr and uac2____.swf file,so if you name any other .swf file like uac2___.swf and go right click ->properties -> screensaver -> flash_swf he plays it.

So i've asked two peple to mail me just swf file with uac spinning logo for me personally,just to be able to have a screensaver without "extra" features.

Let's see what they say,and maybe we all can now have scr based on anything we want or made in swf.

i found this site with free tools when i looked at the executable:

link

and at this link we have:

Downloads

flash2be tools

Order by: name | date | hits [ascendent]

Documents in this category Date added

swf2scr (125.22 Kbytes) 2004-08-07

swf2scr

hits: 89

swf decompressor (78.65 Kbytes) 2004-08-07

swf decompressor

swf2scr

f2b_AS2SCR is a screensaver tool, it converts a swf to a screensaver file.

an optional installer is included.

download

swf compressor

this small tool is for compressing flash2/3/4/5/mx swf .

the resulting files can only be played in the flashplayer 6.

you can access the tool via the windows contextmenu too.

its freeware and for windows: swf compressor

windows 95/98 users may need the msvbvm60.dll

download

swf decompressor

swf decompressor for compressed swf.

this site also helps:

http://www.artzend.com/2D%20Programs.htm

Edited by Jonny_C

Is it just me or does that German one not work at all and just make a bunch of boxes on the screen?

This is a sign that it dont find the Textures Folder ("Data")...

Did u copied it to system32 folder in your Windows folder?

Alternatively u can just run doom3ip.scr with double click...