Zonealarm won't let me do a video conference!

I need a firewall which is good (protects me)... I got zonelarm but it doesn't allow me to have video conference on msn messenger.. i allowed msn messenger on it but it won't allow me to do even a file transfer.. not to mention i can't play my online games! Could somebody tell me how i can fix this?

Is this ZOneAlarm or ZoneAlarm Pro? What version? What is your OS? Do you use a douche bag as a pillow? How many fingers am I holding up? Did you give MSN access and server rights?

if my memory serves, the ports used by vid conference vary. that'd cause trouble with the firewall. recommend a logging firewall, and increasing the 'window' of open ports until the function was restored. ZA may not allow this easily. Other firewalls (may) be more configurable. check the mskb.

To Pseudo:

Msn Messenger (latest one) I am running windows xp pro and I have zone alarm free edition (not pro). And I gave Msn Messenger server and access rigths.

To Mitch:

What firewall would you recommend?

To Steffan:

How do I add the ports?

since you have the free version of za, you cannot open ports. you have a couple of choices, one is to upgrade to pro edition, two is to get another firewall, or three disable za during the video conference session.

thanks Steffan. What firewall would you recommend... any good free ones? If I am going to buy a firewall I would want to consider others, anybody got any they would recommend such as Mcaffee or Norton?