.hack series... Will I like them?

Hi mates!

Well I'm in dire need of a good console RPG and it feels like I have played them all :/

So I got my eyes on this one...

Reviews are mixed so I hope someone can give me a push in right direction =)

I loved FFs 5-10 (except 8), chrono trigger/cross, Xenosaga, Star Oceans, Tales series... and the rest of them and I think a long story throught 4 games is great idea but I don't know anything about Anime and such so I'm worried if I'll like this one...

So any info/help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Well I suggest you go watch a couple of eps of the anime... (you need more then 1 or 2 since the story starts kind slow)... To be honest I liked the anime and I also liked the game... but the game could be better IMO.

Maybe you can rent the first one somewhere... I always do that when I'm not too sure about a game, go rent it for a day or 2 and then decide if I want it or not... Probably the best thing to do if you're not sure.

Anyways my tip: Check out the anime if you have the chance to it or rent it ^__^

Yeah i wish I could rent but here in Sweden renting isn't a custom :/ It was back in SNES days... I knew of a few places but nowdays it just doesn't happen :(

What is the game like ?

It's a offline MMORPG... ^^' and I only played the first part since I don't have the money for the rest yet, and I don't know if I'm going to buy them.

You basically do the regular RPG stuff and since it's related to the anime I liked it, but if you only look at the game, not knowing that there is an anime... it's not a classic... but it's fun for a good while...

Well, I totally enjoyed .hack 1. It's just a shame that you really HAVE to buy the other parts to see the actual ending, get all items, get all characters, blablabla...

I'm still gonna get the other parts though ^_^

well i own the game. but it was given to me by a friend that hated it so very much. i haven't yet played it, i've been playing old games and reminiscing them. but he has a good good taste in games and he loathed it. so it's sorta keeping me away from playing it...but when i play it i'll give you my reaction.

well i own the game. but it was given to me by a friend that hated it so very much. i haven't yet played it, i've been playing old games and reminiscing them. but he has a good good taste in games and he loathed it. so it's sorta keeping me away from playing it...but when i play it i'll give you my reaction.

I was that friend :crazy:

The game was absolute crap compared to what it could have been. The battle system is extremely clunky, pacing is way off, and many gameplay elements just weren't implemented as well as they should have been. I know plenty of people who loved it- my brother was one of them- but myself... it just wasn't my kind of game. The constant dungeon crawls... floor after floor of repeating areas... it just got very old. I thought the best part of buying it was the free DVD.

I'd much rather stick to story-intensive games like Xenogears :woot:

I want a game that'll give incentive for playing it. .hack just doesn't provide that. Especially when you consider how short the games are... I know they created a series to make money, but it's blatantly obvious they could have just made one game to tell the whole story. The way they prolonged everything just really dulled down the experience.

If you're looking for a good console RPG, try Tales of Symphonia for a modern-day game, or some old PSOne games. SNES had quite a few greats as well. I'm sure you'd just need to search around a little bit if you really want to find a game that's worth your money.

.hack... I guess you just need to be a huge fan of the anime to truly enjoy it. I liked the anime, though, and couldn't stand the game. Ah well...