Windows XP SP2

Yuxi
excuse my n00b question....but what is or what does mean "splistream"?

Slipstreaming is taking all the files of the XP installation CD, then install the service pack into those files so the next time you install Windows, SP2 will already be installed without having to install it seperately afterwards. :)

Fotix

I wonder how other people slipstreamed... I slipstreamed SP2 into the original XP disk from 3 years ago. Maybe problems come if you slipstream SP2 into an already slipstreamed disk that had SP1 or SP2 RC2 or something. Is that possible?

DKAngel

i love it have not encounterd a single error on 3 pc's so far had to update nero but thats about it

i hope it doesn thave issues with mssql

.fury

first (sort of) problem: when i set auto updates to 'notify me but dont automatically download or install them' it still auto downloaded newer video card drivers when i didn't want it to.

Kaska

I justed installed it straight over XP plain (no sp1) on 4 different computers this week and its worked like a charm.

jimboh1

The only complaint I have so far is that it killed Halo for Me -and Ms's own 'solution' hasn't helpd- still not starting and getting error msg that DirectX hasn't started- run DX Diag- which I did and still no go. Have DX 9.0c with a Sapphire 9600 256 meg card.

rayjin
Status bar in Windows Explorer (not IE ) wont to stay on.When new window is open,status bar is off and make me do "View------Status Bar " again.I installed SP2 on Second Win XP (I have dual Boot With two Windows XP Pro ) there is the same story again.

Sorry for Bad English Still learning !

Is somebody there who know how to Fix it ?

You open any Explorer window and click on VIEW menu then select/turn on Status Bar. Then click on TOOLS menu and select Folder Options. Then click on View tab and click on button "Apply to All Folders" then click OK.

ENJOY! :D

MicroZombies

Big step Up from XP SP1. Still noticing a few Bugs with Windows Explorer. I emptied the Recycle bin & it caused my Desktop to Flake out (Both the Recycler & Destktop work off of explorer.exe).

Pease who are still having promlems After the Install - don't worry. Just report them to Microsoft. Have you noticed all of the Work that they put into the Windows Update Mechanism? The will fix it - you will be able to download a patch eventually!!!

Bhav

never worked for me. tried three times. just hangs every time on the boot screen, where it says Windows XP with the blue blocks scrolling across. everything just stops.

tried doing a slipstream clean install, same thing. IT WILL NOT WORK!!! I have to reinstall everytime. It is really annoying. Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas what's wrong. It worked fine on my bro's pc.

LispyGlitter2

Worked great over here. I reformated, put XP with SP1 on there, finished that up, then immediatly installed SP2 via a burnt disc, and things have been going superb.

Ecander

I have a Shuttle ST61G4, it has a Ati RS300 NB (9100IGP) Installed SP2 RC2, RTM, Official relase....freezes at winows boot screen :angry:

GAURAV7777

i have installed a clean installation of xp sp2 integrated and had no problems

just that all programs is not sorted out

it worked in sp2 rc2

JoeBonJoey

I just upgraded my comp to SP2. Everything seems to be working fine, no application compatability issues at all, and my boot up time seems to be alot faster now. But when loading to the desktop, SP2 sure as hell slowed it down.

ciaran00

Went pretty good, I think. I've had few issues with it. Some things work faster, or without errors from before; some things have some new quirks; some things are unchanged. So what's new? :)

Overall a good thing. Took me ten minutes to do xpsp2.exe /n, disable the idiotuser services, then boot in safe mode to drop in tcpip.sys and uxtheme.dll and then back to surfing, writing papers, and burning CDs. Whee

ciaran

ateizzynuff

rtm.2179 installed over SP1 on 500 mHz AMD K6...

Errors here with:

PaintShopPro 8.10 crashing sometimes on startup

&

FindItPro 4 crashing when accessing right-click menu

...both seem to be cured after installing SP2 :)

PaintShopPro reinstalled itself on 1st run after SP2, but there have been no errors in the program.

Archive programs (WinRAR & PowerArchiver) and WinHex seem to start up slower than before...but they work O.K. once started :shifty:

ryanmcv

I had one small problem, but I got it fixed. SP2 has been running flawlessly.

L3thal

Nothing to complain of so far.

demorgoron

great so far,had some problems intalling it because i deleted some files from the windows folder,did a reintall of windows xp and intalled sp2,installed just fine :D

Amit Bapat

I installed SP2 on my office laptop (Armada E500) and my home system. Its working very seemlessly. The Boot timings seem to be good after 2-3 reboots. Its working fine for me in office and at home even with the Firewall enabled.

BlackHawkSnip3r

it works great so far, but im having a problem with my games. the pings have been high as hell, and im gettin kicked from the servers because of it. i know this has to do with the connection settings that were tweaked with SP2. they changed and limited the number of active connections you're allowed to have. has anyone found a work around for this? this is really gonna kill me if i cant do any of my gaming on here... i mean c'mon... DOOM 3 JUST CAME OUT WTF!

mAcOdIn
it works great so far, but im having a problem with my games. the pings have been high as hell, and im gettin kicked from the servers because of it. i know this has to do with the connection settings that were tweaked with SP2. they changed and limited the number of active connections you're allowed to have. has anyone found a work around for this? this is really gonna kill me if i cant do any of my gaming on here... i mean c'mon... DOOM 3 JUST CAME OUT WTF!

I don't think it's that because my pings are the same generally, netwrok traffic withstanding, but it may be windows firewall. You can add your games to the firewalls allow list from the control panel, see if that helps any.

rvbfan
The only complaint I have so far is that it killed Halo for Me -and Ms's own 'solution' hasn't helpd- still not starting and getting error msg that DirectX hasn't started- run DX Diag- which I did and still no go. Have DX 9.0c with a Sapphire 9600 256 meg card.

Same problem here,I've forwarded the bug to MS, see what happens.

Funny thuogh if I uninstall SP2 Halo works fine. :unsure:

SS64

Well i for one am a gamer too and i play BF1942,COD,BFV and Doom 3 (but not online).All of them work but i couldnt find a good server out there with Doom 3.I get the usually normal ping rates the all of the other games.