Windows XP SP2

I haven't really had any issues with SP2 except the following Warnings in Application Event Log that seem to pop up occasionally, all of this seems to happen in the background - the ones below occured while I was out:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: MsiInstaller

Event Category: None

Event ID: 1004

Date: 8/12/2004

Time: 2:32:40 PM

User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Computer:

Description:

Detection of product '{43DCF766-6838-4F9A-8C91-D92DA586DFA7}', feature 'DefaultFeature', component '{9F47ECA8-A740-EC80-1AE2-C48048D83AA4}' failed. The resource 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Journal Viewer\' does not exist.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event ID: 1001

User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Computer:

Description:

Detection of product '{43DCF766-6838-4F9A-8C91-D92DA586DFA7}', feature 'DefaultFeature' failed during request for component '{A4AD656D-72E9-43A7-9DD0-E5F6AF438E72}'

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

User:

Computer:

Description:

Detection of product '{43DCF766-6838-4F9A-8C91-D92DA586DFA7}', feature 'DefaultFeature', component '{9F47ECA8-A740-EC80-1AE2-C48048D83AA4}' failed. The resource 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Journal Viewer\' does not exist.

User:

Computer:

Description:

Detection of product '{43DCF766-6838-4F9A-8C91-D92DA586DFA7}', feature 'DefaultFeature' failed during request for component '{A4AD656D-72E9-43A7-9DD0-E5F6AF438E72}'

User:

Computer:

Description:

User:

Computer:

Description:

For some reason XP seems slower with SP2 - dunno why, maybe it's just in my head :rofl:

Anyway, still have 99% CPU usage when right clicking something in Explorer. Why isn't this fixed?

Apart from that, SP2 is an excellent upgrade/SP I think. :yes:

Quote: "Bhav - never worked for me. tried three times. just hangs every time on the boot screen, where it says Windows XP with the blue blocks scrolling across. everything just stops.

+Ecander - Installed SP2 RC2, RTM, Official relase....freezes at winows boot screen"

BHAV & ECANDER - I think I know what your Problem is. You might be a little

"Pre-Mature" (Ahem, Ahem - quit laughing). You probably thought that SP-2 Nuked your System after the "Installation Reboot". You did try Re-Booting AGAIN right after that new "Splash Screen" - correct? I got the same Splash Screen - my System Froze too - so I Re-Booted. Oddly enough the Splash Screen never came back - but my Machine DID Reboot - into the Upgraded Win XP SP2 OS & all!!!

i keep getting a user32.dll error whenever my winamp try to access a server which is down.

i didn't get this error in sp1

very irritating

For some reason XP seems slower with SP2 - dunno why, maybe it's just in my head :rofl:

Anyway, still have 99% CPU usage when right clicking something in Explorer. Why isn't this fixed?

Apart from that, SP2 is an excellent upgrade/SP I think. :yes:

yup, my PC runs slower too...and programs wont work properlly, i just reinstalled windows and no SP2...SP1 rocks...

I've splistreamed it (clean install with my usual software) and I'm thinking to go back to SP1. 3ds max is stutering erraticaly and stop my music (100% cpu usage) when I save even the smallest scene. Also when browsing file (using Windows DLLs) the windows freeze for about 5 sec. After Effect and PhotoShop do that too...

Edit: Firefox just stopped my music (and my cursor) when I've hit "Send".

I have a P4C 3,0GHz / 2GB of RAM /2x Raptor 36GB in RAID0(if you beleive that my system may be too old...)

Hummm. same here with Photoshop 7.01 and DevC++

I think I will wait till Ms puts it on Windows update!

Yeah! you have one great IQ congratulations I agreed 100%.

Welcome to Neowin.

BlackHawkSnip3r - Try disabling the Windows Firewall to see if that helps at all. I've had firewalls where they actually severly slow down my internet connection

yup, my PC runs slower too...and programs wont work properlly, i just reinstalled windows and no SP2...SP1 rocks...

Strange really. I'll hold on to my slipstreamed SP1 (not SP1a ;) ) disc for awhile I think - just in case things get too weird.

I just noticed one thing that I love about SP2: the NVidia drivers are fairly recent, and with SP2 Windows will recognize many more NVidia cards too. Love out-of-the-box hardware support :happy: (first impressions really last ya know)