XPSP2 on pirated copies

The title shows it. What will happen?

1) Lock up your computer

2) Just dont install, but you can still use your computer

From what I have read it will install on pirated copies. But I don't know since I didn't pirate my copy of Windows.

The title shows it. What will happen?

1) Lock up your computer

2) Just dont install, but you can still use your computer

It is unlikely that your computer will lock up, my guess is it just won't install. That's what happens in SP1 if you attempt to install SP1 on a pirated copy of Windows XP.

Yep.... my XP is pirated, and it works fine. I don't even get anything at Windows Update saying that my key is blocked.

I think I'm going to buy Longhorn when it's out, because I think that there might be some serious crippling on pirated copies. But also.... there probably won't be.

If you want Windows XP for free, why don't you just do that Windows Mobile Training thing. :D

That's what I did. Free Windows XP, and no bad feelings. Why steal when you can obtain for free ;)

Stealing is bad... and if you want to be bad... then you go on, and be a baaaad boooy.

If you want Windows XP for free, why don't you just do that Windows Mobile Training thing. :D

That's what I did. Free Windows XP, and no bad feelings. Why steal when you can obtain for free ;)

Stealing is bad... and if you want to be bad... then you go on, and be a baaaad boooy.

How do I get into that!? :laugh:

trust me boys it works fine on everything... yes even windows update..... in fact guess what i am replying to you on :) now i am not saying you should try it... or supporting it . i do have a real xp this is my test machine(which is really my families lol!) i would rather risk their computer than mine, but the point still stands it works fine better really that sp1 ;)

From what I think I read on M$'s website, only those keys that woould not work on SP1 will not work on SP2. Don't hold me to this cause I have no way to test it cause mine is legit. So I believe its just the legacy CD keys that were blacklisted in SP1 that are still blacklisted in SP2

MS makes money anyways on every computer sold.

when you buy a Dell computer with Windows XP loaded,

MS will receive a percentage... or even close to the full amount.

so whether people have legit copies of Windows XP or not,

MS will still generate a good revenue.

It's not like cracking a game and where the developer will never get any revenue from the games cracked.

this is because games don't come preloaded generally on PC systems from the manufacturer.