XPSP2 on pirated copies

I have a legal license for pro, but installed corporate anyway (you know, because activation blows). I needed to reinstall recently; hearing that I wouldn't be able to install SP2 on illegal copies, I installed the full retail on mine. I installed SP2 on another PC with Corporate and it worked fine. I had been testing my memory for errors, so I had to remove some RAM to figure out which stick was bad. Sure enough, they wanted me to activate again, and sure enough, it wouldn't go through, and so I had to spend 10 minutes calling up and getting it activated again. If it happens again when I put the replacement RAM back in, I'm wiping and going with Corp. again.

I have a legal license for pro, but installed corporate anyway (you know, because activation blows). I needed to reinstall recently; hearing that I wouldn't be able to install SP2 on illegal copies, I installed the full retail on mine. I installed SP2 on another PC with Corporate and it worked fine. I had been testing my memory for errors, so I had to remove some RAM to figure out which stick was bad. Sure enough, they wanted me to activate again, and sure enough, it wouldn't go through, and so I had to spend 10 minutes calling up and getting it activated again. If it happens again when I put the replacement RAM back in, I'm wiping and going with Corp. again.

Something similar with me - I have a bought license for XP Home, but had to format my machine a couple of times - I really just cant stand the long protracted re-activation bollocks. Im giving it a few months then more than likely will install home again. Meh, as long as I have an OS that works I dont care :/

I had home, but needed Remote Desktop, so I acquired Pro, and then I was able to get it for free from my school's MSDNAA program. I'll be damned if I ever deal with activation again though, what a P.I.T.A.

When I got this machine it came with a XP Pro Corp CD. Legit. This one XP is now on all the computers at work and the opther 12 here at my house. All legit. And half of them run SP2

they wont lock up your PC... since that will be in violation of Microsoft. Currupting, "locking", or deleting information off your PC will only end up in law suits. Microsoft doesn't have the authority to change anything on your PC, just take you to court and have you odered to do it.

As for pirated copies. Im not sure, since mine is registered.

and LMFAO at woodson

Registered to:

Woodson

Downloader

Pirate

bootleg 2002

also.. i wouldn't be running Windows XP with 400Mhz :p

first of the FCKGW key is NOT a SP1 key!!

I will work on all keys that work with SP1... It will, if it doesnt for some it is a user error.. There is no key blocks except for the onces in SP1...

first of the FCKGW key is NOT a SP1 key!!

I will work on all keys that work with SP1... It will, if it doesnt for some it is a user error.. There is no key blocks except for the onces in SP1...

Even if you slipstream?

i think allot of people that have commented in this thread are blind as to life. in life there are rich people and poor people. rich people pay for things because they can. poor people dont have that luxury.

they r forced to survive via stealing. oh i hear you say no thats not good thats nad . its wrong. well you go spend some time on the street. not your street im talking about most streeets spread over the world wherte the mr average joe blogs working class factory worker or ship yard worker or miner etc etc etc lives

just as in life some people are elite and born clever. others a dumb and born stupid.

poor people in history have and will always steal and beleive you me there are f**king millions and millions of poor people on this planet who dont have the luxury of owning their own home and car and wear designer clothing who have huge mp3/cd/dvd collections own credit cards and such.and yet there a few rich in comparison. in most of the world not just the elite western world they r poverty stricken and live in shacks not houses. xp pro costs the same no matter where you live on this planet. you can sit high on your laurels that you can afford to pay for xp pro but what do the rest of the world do. bow down to you. why because you have money. were great your poor you steal to survive. to live. stay away from us were different were the rich. werre foo**king special because were clever .

open your foo**king eyes people. get out there in the real world youve spent too much time sitting in front of your pc you havent got the foggiest what is really going on, on this planet. can anyone remeber cambodia. ethipia etc etc. band aid etc etc.

open your door and go outside. microsft abviously has and they decided to make sp 2 open to all. maybe they know more than the small mided intellectual eliteist people that spend so much time here on this thread and ones like it.

your a worthless human being. at least some of us have our dignity.

no scratch that im not going to attack you for being rich. im not like you. im a human being.

My XP Corp. SP2 slipstream worked just fine with a non-640 PID on another computer, but I used a generated 640 PID just in case on this one... you never know when Windows Update will be an @55hole to us loyal, non-paying customers. ;)

No offence Ogri, but even if youre poor, you obviously still have a computer which doesnt have to run windows at all. Linux is a free and legal alternative to windows, so bitching about life on the streets wont help you when there are alternatives to windows. And again no offence, but not all of us have no clue to what goes on outside our little internet world we have here. I dont think this was the place to bring that up. :huh:

Aldo said:

Erm, because a lot of people get XP whether they want it or not? Try and find a non-'whitebox' builder who will sell you a computer without Windows on it. Oops, you can't.

Actually, Dell does. :pinch:

This thread isn't going anywhere, it's just leading to the rules being broken. Also, this forum is meant for providing tech support - not discussing piracy.

Closed.

i think allot of people that have commented in this thread are blind as to life. in life there are rich people and poor people. rich people pay for things because they can. poor people dont have that luxury.

they r forced to survive via stealing. oh i hear you say no thats not good thats nad . its wrong. well you go spend some time on the street. not your street im talking about most streeets spread over the world wherte the mr average joe blogs working class factory worker or ship yard worker or miner etc etc etc lives

just as in life some people are elite and born clever. others a dumb and born stupid.

poor people in history have and will always steal and beleive you me there are f**king millions and millions of poor people on this planet who dont have the luxury of owning their own home and car and wear designer clothing who have huge mp3/cd/dvd collections own credit cards and such.and yet there a few rich in comparison. in most of the world not just the elite western world they r poverty stricken and live in shacks not houses. xp pro costs the same no matter where you live on this planet. you can sit high on your laurels that you can afford to pay for xp pro but what do the rest of the world do. bow down to you. why because you have money. were great your poor you steal to survive. to live. stay away from us were different were the rich. werre foo**king special because were clever .

open your foo**king eyes people. get out there in the real world youve spent too much time sitting in front of your pc you havent got the foggiest what is really going on, on this planet. can anyone remeber cambodia. ethipia etc etc. band aid etc etc.

open your door and go outside. microsft abviously has and they decided to make sp 2 open to all. maybe they know more than the small mided intellectual eliteist people that spend so much time here on this thread and ones like it.

your a worthless human being. at least some of us have our dignity.

no scratch that im not going to attack you for being rich. im not like you. im a human being.

People on the street who steal don't steal software, they steal things necessary for survival like food or money, sometimes drugs, but never software. Expensive computer software does nothing to improve their condition. Your whole spew trying to justify what you're doing is futile. Get a clue (Y)