"hacker" bugger

im running this interactive game website... kind of an internet RPG of sorts... but anyways, i got this little hacker.. or sorry, he calls himself a "cracker", the poseur form of a hacker in my mind. Anyways, hes threatening my site... I really dont think he'll do anything, he got into some other site of a friend of mines a few years ago... by getting a pass to the site from one of the staff (i think) and got in and ruined the site. Unfortunetely for him, Im not really as trusting as my friend when it comes for site staff, and im not letting anyone in thats not already in right now. I really don't think he's going to do anything and i already blocked his IP from my site, but I was wondering any precautions I can take or do to stop this little bugger just in case he does try something.

For now hes just targeting the game site... but I have more than just that on my site... im hosting a few people and i have some portfolio pages on my site, so i dont want him to get into the site itself and go to town.

btw... what are some website traffic monitors that i can use...? i used to use some a while back, but i forgot the name of them all...

Also i'd make sure the ftp password is different to all staff passwords so you still have a way in if he does gain admin access to the site.

And just to further your post. Change ALL passwords, just incase there has been a breach in security.

To be honest though it sounds like this guy didnt so muhc hack the site as rely on the stupidity of someone giving him access on the other site - just dont fall into that trap and make sure all staff with the ability to give rights to his know not to and you should be fine

Wat r u people nuts ???

Get his IP do a whois search and with the evidence of the logs in your site you can compain to his ISP, that hacker or cracker watever won't b worth his hack without Internet to practice his hacking skills.

I agree, unless it's NG spamming or something like that (i.e easily tracable from a 3rd party source) very few ISP's will take notice.

Besides it's not exactly hacking/cracking, more social engineering than anything.

Well I dont see much cracking, just some stupid idiot that gave out his password.

Also never EVER give staff members of your sites the same access as you.

Hell if he was trying to crack me site I'd call his bluff.