WinXP randomly rebooting

Originally posted by Sleeper

I get this in the System Log everytime my PC reboots randomly

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 805225b3, parameter3 f3da49e8, parameter4 00000000.

Anyideas?

Yep, same here... I got same errors.

I left my PC on yesterday night after instaling the ASPI drivers, and I just woke up , the PC is fine, no BSOD :)

I was playing WINAMP all night. I'll tested now on Cstriek and RTCW, see how is going to handle that.

Originally posted by Peter_P4n

I bet either NAV or Zonealarm 3 is causing the problems.

Do any of you guys use those apps? (I do)

Regards

Peter_P4n

No, I am using PC Cillin 2000

Did any of you guys try to install the ASPI drivers from Adaptec?

I still havn't had a reboot, since this morning 2:00am.

I dnot know, but maybe instaling ASPI got rid of the rebooting problem....

With regard to the irql_less_than error....

I have some of those programs listed on the computer that is BSODing but those same programs are also on my other computer running Windows XP and it has never received that error. I'll try a memory checker when I get around to looking for one on Google. I'm glad it's just not me having the same problem. Maybe in time we'll find the solution.

I was talking to / about the ppl who suddently get the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Error.

Do you have a USB Cable modem? Cos when I unplug/replug that on the fly it will often give a BSOD saying that... I also have a CD burner.

Can you guys post your hardware specs: Power supply , mother boards, Video Cards, Sound Cards, etc...

I want to see if this is a hardware based bug, or software.

This fvckin sh|t keeps rebooting like crazy. It work for a day without rebooting and now it just reboots.

I dont know what to do anymore. I'll probably go and return the motherboard tommorow, and see if I can get another one. I am thinking about geting another power supply, but I dont know which one.

The one I already have is Enermax 465 FA and is one of the best rated PSUs .... Crap.. I dont even know if that is the problem. ....

all the errors u guys are gettin im gettin to heres my specs

30gb quatum fireball HD

windows xp

512mb sdram

p3 800mhz

gf3 ti 200

firewire pci card

sound blaster live

i dont know my MB company how can i find out?

my pc is a micronpc.com pc :p

someone plz help0r

Originally posted by scb

all the errors u guys are gettin im gettin to heres my specs

30gb quatum fireball HD

windows xp

512mb sdram

p3 800mhz

gf3 ti 200

firewire pci card

sound blaster live

i dont know my MB company how can i find out?

my pc is a micronpc.com pc :p

someone plz help0r

You know what just get another memory stick, andi fi that is not the problem you can always return the memory to the store.

This is wierd. My XP has never blue screened and i been using it since August 29th. One thing i did observe is that most of u having the problem are running AMD CPU's and if ur not running an AMD CPU u got a GeForce. I know GeForce drivers cause BSOD's and Euphoria 59C is WAY TOO HOT for an XP 2100+, thats probably why u get the reboots. GO buy urself a good heatsink man. The stock one is SH*T!

Originally posted by Chris123NT

This is wierd. My XP has never blue screened and i been using it since August 29th. One thing i did observe is that most of u having the problem are running AMD CPU's and if ur not running an AMD CPU u got a GeForce. I know GeForce drivers cause BSOD's and Euphoria 59C is WAY TOO HOT for an XP 2100+, thats probably why u get the reboots. GO buy urself a good heatsink man. The stock one is SH*T!

Dude , the heatsink that I am using is Swiftech 374 with Aluminum base, with delta fan 7000rpm . It is opne of the best heatsink/fan out there.

What I think is the problem for my cooling is that I dont have a good air flow in my case.

For the Win XP rebooting problem, I fixed it. My memory was bad. Sitched from OCZ PC3000 to Corsair 2700, and the PC is running smooth now :). No BSODs or Reboots, well I am still in process of tesing it, but so far it works great.

cool man. And as for case ventallation look at irdawood's post in the overclocking section. Some very good tips that i will try on my tbird 2morrow :)

xp never reboots for me now... i disable norton and it never reboots....

but i only enable norton when i download files or install them.

:) :) :)

I got something that you guys might want to try. Go into your BIOS & disable the System BIOS Cacheable, Video BIOS Shadow & Video RAM Cacheable settings that are listed. The point being, if ANYTHING tries to access those memory addresses, it will crash your system. I had the same problems that everyone else is having. I took the steps above & applied them & I haven't had my XP Pro rig crash yet (going on 3 months!!!). Peace. :)