.NET Framework 1.1 in WINXP SP2 CD

Hi all

When you install .NET Framework 1.1 through Windows Update system and When you download .NET Framework 1.1 from microsoft website and then install it, Are these two same or different?

I mean i don't have .NET Framework 1.1 in my WinXP CD. So i would like to know which one comes with your WinXP CD. Either Windows Update one or either webbased one (the one you download from websites like microsoft web site).

I have checked the size of them and both are 23.1 mb. I wonder whats the difference is.

Somebody told me they are a bit different but i don't know whether its true or not.

Maybe they are same so can somebody make it clear?

Hi all

When you install .NET Framework 1.1 through Windows Update system and When you download .NET Framework 1.1 from microsoft website and then install it, Are these two same or different?

I mean i don't have .NET Framework 1.1 in my WinXP CD. So i would like to know which one comes with your WinXP CD. Either Windows Update one or either webbased one (the one you download from websites like microsoft web site).

I have checked the size of them and both are 23.1 mb. I wonder whats the difference is.

Somebody told me they are a bit different but i don't know whether its true or not.

Maybe they are same so can somebody make it clear?

No! There are no differences between the two .NET framework files. .NET Framework 1.0 comes with the XP SP1 CD not on your XP CD unless it has SP1 slipstreamed into it. .NET Framework doesnt come with your XP CD anyway. The Web based Framework and the WU one are the same lol. The SP2 CD will most likely also contain the .NET Framwork but im not sure!

But the thing is that it should come with the Microsoft WinXP SP2 Slipstreamed CD because when you insert the CD, Welcome to Microsoft Windows XP screen comes up, click on Perform additional tasks then there you will see, it says Install .NET Framework.

So when i click on Install .NET Framework nothing happens. That means .NET Framework is missing in my CD. How could i make .NET Framework link work, in other words how could i install .NET Framework from my Microsoft WinXP SP2 Slipstreamed CD.

Edited by takuma2004