Hotmail 250MB Storage!

Microsoft have said they won't START upgrading the free accounts until October, so I don't quite know why people keep going on that they only have 2mb. When it was announced what seems a life time ago they said it would happen in the fall. Microsoft still haven't finished upgrading their paying customers, I know as I'm a paying customer and still only on 25Mb. Microsoft won't be upgrading free accounts until all of the paying customers have been upgraded, which they seem to be taking a long time to do, and they have far fewer paying customers than free accounts so my guess is that it will take months to upgrade the free accounts. Microsoft told me there is no dead line set for upgrading free accounts, so they're not going to be concerned if it takes months to upgrade them all. So basically expect to have to put up with a measly 2mb for some time yet I'm affraid

I would believe that except I have never recieved anything saying there is an upgrade in the fall, this week's email is the first I have got about any kind of upgrades.

It seems that its being used a chronological order in the upgrades.

I have a friend that has an account created a lot of years ago and he is upgraded to 250MB

Mine account was created sometime in 1999 and i am not upgraded yet.

I have two hotmail accounts. I only have the 250MB on one of them. This account was opened in 1996... maybe they are starting with their longitme users? I can't explain it.

The other account I opened in 1998 and it is still at 2MB.

damn hotmail is so duh , now i use mah gmail account for mail as well as chatting with mah friends on msn messenger ...........woot gmail rules , homail drools

Microsoft have said they won't START upgrading the free accounts until October, so I don't quite know why people keep going on that they only have 2mb. When it was announced what seems a life time ago they said it would happen in the fall. Microsoft still haven't finished upgrading their paying customers, I know as I'm a paying customer and still only on 25Mb. Microsoft won't be upgrading free accounts until all of the paying customers have been upgraded, which they seem to be taking a long time to do, and they have far fewer paying customers than free accounts so my guess is that it will take months to upgrade the free accounts. Microsoft told me there is no dead line set for upgrading free accounts, so they're not going to be concerned if it takes months to upgrade them all. So basically expect to have to put up with a measly 2mb for some time yet I'm affraid

I don't know what you mean, a lot of people already have upgraded accounts. I am one of them, and I haven't payed them any money.

I think the theory of the older accounts is probably correct. My account is from 1996 or 1997.

I'm still at 2 meg but I also just got access to this Calendar thing.

What exactly is the calendar thing? Is it for solo use or group use? I am so confused. :omg:

Like anyone really needs even this much space. :)

Never deleting emails again... yeah.

I email digital photographs a lot. They can be huge. They got 8+ megapixel cameras out there. Say your pics are 5 meg each and you shot a "roll" of them on your compact flash card. You want to email them, 1 gig of storage comes in mighty handy. Wish they had higher attachment limits too.

Not everyone may need it, but some of us can really benefit from it. (Y)