Canon N650U Scanner WIA drivers

However my computer knowledge is not huge, so I haven't succeeded in finding the program that executes the installation... Is it because I use Vista instead of XP?

First of all, thanks a lot for providing the N650U WIA driver!

@Bettina:

the WIA driver doesn't come with a setup program. After plugging in the scanner, Windows will try to automatically install it. In this case, it will fail, since Microsoft doesn't ship the driver with windows. You will need to specify the location at which Windows can find the driver (i.e. the path where you extracted the 7zip file). Unless there is an incompatibility with Windows Vista, the scaner should appear as a WIA device afterwards.

In case you have already installed the scanner with the TWAIN driver, you should get rid of these. I'm not sure whether Canon provides an uninstall option and if it really removes the driver or just some additional apps. Otherwise, do the following:

* go to the device manager (in XP, it's located in the computer management console - right-click on Computer > Manage)

* right-click the N650U and click 'update driver'

* follow the wizard (manually hint Windows to the WIA driver folder)

Regs,

sphere

• 1 month later...

I downloaded the file, but it looks corrupt: 7zip and winrar are telling me that the archive is corrupt. Tried downloading it several times by rightclicking and "save", but the archive stays corrupt. Is there something wrong with me or with the archive?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks a lot. I tried it over and over again, but I just couldn't make it work. And then suddenly... the 5th time, it DID work. Can't explain what I did differently, but I'm happy now, because I can scan again ;-) Thanks a lot for all your help.

best regards,

Bettina

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to extract the files from canonwia 7z using 7Zip I get the following: "Canonwia 7z is not supported archive". I really need this driver since I have a new computer with the Vista operating system and my Canon N656U Scanner will not work with the old TWAIN driver. I have downloaded the canonwia 7z file at least 5 times with no success. I have also downloaded and installed the 7Zip application software two times.

Please help me get a good copy of the Canon WIA driver.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much Spyder. :)

Two more links (compressed files with the same content than the zip posted above):

Canon Scanner WIA Driver 1.2.0 - 7zip file (2.44 MB)

Canon Scanner WIA Driver 1.2.0 - Rar file (4.43 MB)

Models supported:

CanoScan N670U/N676U

CanoScan N1240U

CanoScan N650U/N656U

CanoScan N1220U

CanoScan D646U

CanoScan D660U

CanoScan D1230U/D1230UF

CanoScan D2400U/D2400UF

Edited by AngelGR

• 1 month later...
Thanks very much Spyder. :)

Two more links (compressed files with the same content than the zip posted above):

Canon Scanner WIA Driver 1.2.0 - 7zip file (2.44 MB)

Canon Scanner WIA Driver 1.2.0 - Rar file (4.43 MB)

Models supported:

CanoScan N670U/N676U

CanoScan N1240U

CanoScan N650U/N656U

CanoScan N1220U

CanoScan D646U

CanoScan D660U

CanoScan D1230U/D1230UF

CanoScan D2400U/D2400UF

Downloads no longer available - please could you make these files available again

Cheers

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the broken links, the files were hosted on a free server and the account doesn't work now.

If a moderator can edit the post and delete those links... thanks. ;)

Fast solution, eMule link:

ed2k://|file|Canon%20Scanner%20CanoScan%20USB%20WIA%20Driver%201.2.0.7z|2565154|27137AF210F4CFC74F82674306FD6B50|h=RITX4LGY7Z5JJFLLE53JHL7YTYISKOLG|/

If you need it, download and share the file forever. Thanks. :)

Edited by AngelGR

• 3 weeks later...

Not everyone uses eMule so I uploaded the drivers in zip archive on 3 different file host servers (just to prolong existence):

http://www.zshare.net/download/18764126c2d75d3b/
http://www.badongo.com/file/11343494
http://www.fileshost.com/en/file/60664/Canon-Scanner-WIA-Drivers-1-2-0-zip.html

Models supported:

CanoScan N670U/N676U

CanoScan N1240U

CanoScan N650U/N656U

CanoScan N1220U

CanoScan D646U

CanoScan D660U

CanoScan D1230U/D1230UF

CanoScan D2400U/D2400UF

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey Guys,

It seems that all the links on this forum page are dead. If anyone still has a WIA driver for the Canoscan N 650U, I would really appreciate if you can send me a current link. Or PM me and we can find another way to transfer it.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

• 3 months later...

i just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it's truly informative. I?m going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

<a href="http://mytopfreeware.blogspot.com/2012/01/any-video-converter-277-professioanl.html">Any Video Converter free download</a>

• 1 month later...