Easy Programming Language

Question

I started off with PHP, so naturally, that's my favorite language. PHP is so lucid. Let's see someone try to make a multi-dimensional array like $error['connectfail'][17] and manipulate it on every level, added and deleting values, changing the length, without have to think or even use a loop. Yeah, PHP is like that.

Of course, this allows people to write some pretty poor code too. And the fact that you always have to think "What does the server see?" "What does the client see?" "What does the database see?" can make things a little a tid bit tricky.

I think it very much depends on what kind of programming you're talking about. If you plan on competing with the pros, then you're going to have to use the same languages they do. If it's more of a hobby, and you like to do things on your own computer for fun, or you want to automate some things that you do manually every day, then this whole object-oriented language thing is like killing flies with an F15 jet fighter. Some people, like me, just like to play around and try things out, and for that, I just can't limit myself to one language. I like Python, the free versions of Smalltalk (Dolphin is best on Windows, but Visualworks has no limitations for personal use while Dolphin Community Edition will not let you run anything you develop outside of the actual Dolphin environment), Rexx, but when I really want to do something, I invariably end up in Visual BASIC 2005 Express for Windows programs, and PHP for my website (only because it's too expensive to have it hosted on an ASP.NET provider, so I have to use a hosting service that uses Apache on Linux servers). I would prefer a Windows server because it would allow me to use Visual BASIC 2005 for both Windows and web development.

For personal programming on Windows, I think a good case can also be made for the completely free AutoIt3, which is now a very complete, modern BASIC-like scripting language. It can even "compile" to a completely standalone, distributable .exe file that doesn't need anything else to run (no dll's, no .NET framework or Java, nothing). There aren't too many "real" languages like that. Plus, in addition to programming, it can automate everything you do in the Windows environment. And it all comes in a very easy to use package.

I think that ultimately, you just have to try different languages to see what works best for you. Programming concepts can be learned from almost any language though, so I'm not sure it matters that much which one you learn first. More and more though, I'm thinking that cross-platform is a safer alternative than anything which is only on Windows. When MS comes out with a new OS version that actually slows down what would have been a quite powerful and fast computer with lots of memory just a few months ago, it makes me want to be less dependent on them. Cross platform choices for personal programming or learning might be VisualWorks or Squeak Smalltalk, Python, Ruby, FreeBASIC compiler, in addition to the usual suspects like Java, the C's etc.

Edited by abraracourci

Welcome

to you if you identify Junior programming language, which prefers specialization by the first and fastest in learning is Alvijohal Biisk in the theoretical

Dr:ahmedhamama

What is the easiest programming language to learn?

What is the quickest?

easiest: Delphi/Pascal

quickest: assembly ;p

Word - BASIC

10 Print "I LOVE BOOBIES"

20 Goto 10

RUN

lmao :D

The fastest: Assembly programming.

The easiest to write some beginner's code for: take your pick, though some form of BASIC is probably the shortest human-readable language to understand.

The easiest to actually write programs with: this depends upon your needs.

Personally, I started with things like QBasic and HTML (tag soup back then, not exactly a programming language as I've been seeing here). I now however know a bit of many programming languages, including C++ (my strongest point), Java (so easy to do things with if you know how - just look things up), most of C (though my actual skills with it are mediocre at best), a bit of Python, a small bit of Perl, some JavaScript (it is technically a form of programming) and some PHP. Of course, I also retain knowledge of QBasic, which evolved into what is now known as Visual Basic. Then if you consider things like HTML and CSS to fit the definition of programming presented here, I know a lot about HTML 4.01, XHTML 1.0 and 1.1 and CSS 2.0 and 2.1. I also know a very tiny bit of Linux Assembly programming that I've played with using the GNU assembler (gas) in Linux.

And to Windu: nice post regarding the infinite loop in BASIC. :D

There are programs that reckon that they are "easy languages" but I am in Yr 8 studying Visual Basic and also know HTML, PHP and

a language that a Tales Animator uses if you want an Introduction.

- http://www.python.org/about/gettingstarted/

If you are a hobbyist, just want to automate something OR build small applications. I would reccomend learning to program/script in Python as it is simple for a beginner to learn and it works on all major platforms. As there is a huge user base, it won't be difficult in getting help in your journey. Another plus is that there is lots of code available, so that you can dissect and learn.

If you want to focus on Windows, I will suggest AutoIT. It is a nice scripting language that is very simple to learn, it got functions to do anything you want to do (open the cd drive, format..etc) So just give it a shot.

- http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

I started with C, then I have to learn BASIC at school now I am learning OOPs in C++ (am now in +2). I am not a pro, just know the language, syntax etc. Not profficient enough to call a "Developer." I think in C/C++, you need to work hard to be at those stages.

Check this page too, Best language for beginner programmers:

- http://blogs.codegear.com/davidi/archive/2...8/25/20913.aspx

And this ask /. thread too:

- http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/08/11/1951203

It is lengthy. I adjusted the threshold to view all comments. Get a cup of coffee and read it to the end. You will get a different perspective.

:)

Edited by knight17

Easiest would be Python or Ruby. Later you could try C# and JAVA (similar), o start from C and C++

There are three groups, decide what you want.

Hey, so, like, ummm how is the jump from VB.net too, say, C#?

I know the basics of VB6 and I want to move up and I was thinking VB.net so I could ease into .NET and then C#, or would that be a waste of time? What do youall think?

I know the basics of VB6 and I want to move up and I was thinking VB.net so I could ease into .NET and then C#, or would that be a waste of time? What do youall think?

VB from visual studio 2005 (vs 2005 even when it's .net, it's not named .net) is simmilar to vb6, so form1 (for example) can be referenced in the same way.

Easy programming language?.

For web is PHP.

www.microsoft.com/vstudio/express

Did you guys forgot that there is a FREE IDE (Express versions) & FREE compiler for .net (.net framework)?...

my vote goes to VB!! (and also try to learn C# side by side)

SORRY GUYS...i didnt see the posts posted before!...many gave the link for vs.net express versions.

If ultimately you want to use C#, I say dive right into it. To me VB.NET is just "C# adapted for VB users"; fundamentally it works the same way as C#, its just a different syntax that's much more verbose and similar to VB, with a couple compromises that, in my opinion, make the language less clean and logical than C#. If you want to make the move to .NET I think C# is the way to go.

Another good thing about C# is that once you're familiar with the syntax you can easily learn Java and C++ which are its main influences. VB.NET is an isolated world in this regard.

some of my friends told that Pascal is easy.

my 1st program lanugue is C ,but I now prefer C++,

OOP better than OPP.

now I am trying hard in JAVA.

I wonder C# and .ASP

When I started programming in 2003, I started with Visual Basic .NET. It took me a few days to start. But, I eventually started making complex applications after about a year.

c# .net is really easy. there was something that i wanted to accomplish that none of the existing languages i know could do.. so i decided to start with c# .net as i knew it'd more likely than not be capable of doing such.

in a day i had written a command line and a GUI-based version of my program which worked perfectly. the next day i rewrote it with a completely different method for accomplishing my task and it is so much more quick than the previous (not the app itself, but the operations that the program performs).

i'd recommend it, it was really easy (for me) but that may just be due to the fact that it's PHP and Javascript-esque (i know a lot of people probably wouldn't agree, but it reminds me quite a bit of them)

I started off with VB and Object Pascal (Delphi). However, I found it quite difficult to find easy documentation back then for the two...

I would recommend C#, as it's C-ish and will help you learn the syntax for most other programming languages. VB, Pascal, and Python are really different, and go way off on a tangent in terms of syntax...

I started with C++, then i have learned Delphi, and now in school we are learning pascal, I think the easiest is c++ console aplications, pascal is easy but, pacal has very bad syntax i think.

I started with C++, then i have learned Delphi, and now in school we are learning pascal, I think the easiest is c++ console aplications, pascal is easy but, pacal has very bad syntax i think.

Interesting how you moved from OOP in Delphi (Object Pascal, anyone? :p) to non-OOP in Pascal. :D

I agree with you on the syntax though; Pascal is more human-readable than languages like C, but programming in Pascal can get really crazy sometimes because of the way it does things. I prefer C++, C#, JavaScript or PHP to something like Pascal.

Interesting how you moved from OOP in Delphi (Object Pascal, anyone? :p) to non-OOP in Pascal. :D

I moved, becouse school requires pascal non-OOP.

I don't like pascal syntax, becouse i can't figure out some features, which is useful, and i know them in C++.