Do you keep your PC on all the time?

The only time I turned it off for one single night, it's when my gf slept here for the first time. The second time, I told her she had to deal with the fan noises or scram. I can't afford losing one time of my precious download schedule.

ABC and a half!

i turn mine off when im not using it. i like to conserve energy not becasue of the money but becasue i care for the environment. and it takes less than 15 seconds to boot anyway its not like you lose a lot of time waiting for it to start.

my 2k pro machine has been on for 50 days straight.... (no reboots) .........and this one ..umm can't remember when the last time I shut this one down was.

I only leave my beast on at night if I'm downloading stuff... but since I've upgraded to my p4 2.8 and new m/b, I've found the fans are far too loud (my case is 1-2 feet away from where my head lies at nighttime), so it's far too loud for me to sleep, so nowadays, always turn it off.

You guys will probably think I'm crazy or something but today was the first time I turned my pc on for about 3 days. I've been way to busy/tired to even click the mouse or anything. I'm not sure about the harddrive killing though. I still have a computer from december 1998, that has been turn on and then off at night for the past 5 years, probably only 4-5 days out of the week. Haven't had a single harddrive related problem...yet :ninja:

I only have it on when I need it. Its rned off when I sleep, justs wates power if I keep it on all night.